Wooldridge 23' Super Sport Offshore PH "Boat Build"

Yeah I hear ya, I was thinking 7 and a bit GPH. If I get 8 well thats still pretty darn good for a boat of this size and style. I will let you know how she does. I have the fuel management system going in there so I will be able to figure out mileage easily with my different loads. Sadly the boat will be done in December which is right around the corner but I Wont have it out until march as I live in the North. so stay tuned. I'm definitely skeptical about those performance bulletins as well, so it will be interesting to see how far off they really are.

I have a 26' Kingfisher 2004 Merc Saltwater 225hp I burn on the inside depending on conditions, load and water conditions 8-10 GPH.
I'm sure the new motors are more efficient than mine.

Photos as of today, Just got out of the paint shop. I believe it goes in there a couple times in the next bit. But the first trip in there is done.

Cheers,

Wooly

Attachments

• 2012.10.9 014.JPG
    2012.10.9 014.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 674
  • 2012.10.9 002.jpg
    2012.10.9 002.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 657
  • 2012.10.9 012.JPG
    2012.10.9 012.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 658
  • 2012.10.9 011.JPG
    2012.10.9 011.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 676
  • 2012.10.9 009.jpg
    2012.10.9 009.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 666
I have a 26' Kingfisher 2004 Merc Saltwater 225hp I burn on the inside depending on conditions, load and water conditions 8-10 GPH.
I'm sure the new motors are more efficient than mine.

Yeah Sounds about right Hali, Thats great mileage for a bigger Boat. I think your Kingfisher will be a few hundred pounds heavier. Whats your dry weight? close to 4,000? What are you cruising at 8-10 GPH?

I just upgraded the original Honda 225 to a 250.....well not sure if its un upgrade, its at max HP now but reason I did that was Honda told me they had a surplus of 250 at the warehouse. I could get the 250 for basically the same price as the 225. If I wanted the 225 I could still get it but they would have to order it. I said what the hell, I like more horse. Its 14lb heavier and the honda rep said it should be very similar in fuel economy except on WOT of course with the more HP.

Yeah Sounds about right Hali, Thats great mileage for a bigger Boat. I think your Kingfisher will be a few hundred pounds heavier. Whats your dry weight? close to 4,000? What are you cruising at 8-10 GPH?

I just upgraded the original Honda 225 to a 250.....well not sure if its un upgrade, its at max HP now but reason I did that was Honda told me they had a surplus of 250 at the warehouse. I could get the 250 for basically the same price as the 225. If I wanted the 225 I could still get it but they would have to order it. I said what the hell, I like more horse. Its 14lb heavier and the honda rep said it should be very similar in fuel economy except on WOT of course with the more HP.
Wise move, Wooley. You will enjoy the new 250 and its added oooomph. I suspect that at cruising you will see the exact same fuel figures as the 225 would offer, perhaps even better.

The exciting performance, power and reliability of the new BF250 four-stroke outboard engine are the result of several exclusive Honda Marine technological features. The BF250 is a high-performance 3.6L VTEC engine that incorporates technological advancements from both Honda's automotive and marine outboard engine lines. For example, when designing the BF250, Honda engineers increased the stroke of the existing Honda Odyssey car engine, expanding its displacement to 3.6 liters. The result is a new outboard model with excellent performance, improved fuel economy, more power and increased reliability that offers even more displacement than Honda’s former flagship model, the 3.5L BF225

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking really good Wooly! I love the rear stearing station. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing.

Looking really good Wooly! I love the rear stearing station. Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing.
You and me both sculpin. going to be a long winter of drinking beer and pretending to fish in my covered storage!

With you wallace heater you will be toasty in there, so just go fishing in the winter I do when ever the roads are passable.

Getting there! Paint Job looks pretty good so far!

Attachments

• 2012.10.15 007.jpg
    2012.10.15 007.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 649
  • 2012.10.15 006.jpg
    2012.10.15 006.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 607
  • 2012.10.15 005.jpg
    2012.10.15 005.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 599
  • 2012.10.15 004.jpg
    2012.10.15 004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 598
  • 2012.10.15 003.jpg
    2012.10.15 003.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 623
With you wallace heater you will be toasty in there, so just go fishing in the winter I do when ever the roads are passable.

I definitely would, but up here its a little different. If the roads are good going, they could be hell coming back. You never know around here. Could be nice one day and awful the next. There is so much salt and gravel on the roads in the winter as well. I will be leaving my boat on the coast during the summer but this winter I will have it with me in Prince George just so I can work on it and drink beer in it. I might have to make one run out there though. Depends How crazy I go looking at the new boat all winter.

i know all about the gravel cover your bow up well when you go and pick it up. more important cover your windows i have rock chipped a number of different boats in the last few years. Also make sure to keep your motors all the way up and cover the lower units or they will be chipped also.

i know all about the gravel cover your bow up well when you go and pick it up. more important cover your windows i have rock chipped a number of different boats in the last few years. Also make sure to keep your motors all the way up and cover the lower units or they will be chipped also.

Any suggestions on how to cover it without spending 700 bucks on shrink wrapping it? something cheap that works?

I'm guessing that wooldridge gave you the quote for $700? I would get a quote from another company in that area that does that, I though the rate was $10 a foot? Also for $700 you could have a custom bra made for the boat and maybe the windshield for that price. Make sure you have good mudflats or a rock tamer like system. There is also thinks you can put on your trailer called bow buddy to protect from rock chips.

There's a guy in PG that sells composite bow guards

Back