With the whole Spring dragger by catch............

Lipripper

Makes you want to mount a 4" gun on the bow. Give them 5 minutes to get into the life raft then make an artificial reef out of it.

[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

Gross.

It looks like they kept some of the "flatfish" but I couldn't tell, what species were they actually fishing for?

It's sad to know that they are now dragging in depths of something like 2kms+.

Between the spring/Hali by catch on these things(dragger/midwater draggers)..... and if............. they skim the bottom [V]

Those halibut should have been released and from my experience I would give them a 70% survival(booted over the side)

The springs (hoping they weren't crushed in the sack)
From the top layer down.
The top 70% survival...... below 5 ft into the sock....20%. The bottom,a few feet below that......crushed
If they were mature....... above 5ft into the sock.... I would give 30% survival.... Below that I would say all dead

.... Jus some things I have seen along the road.

YMMV

quote:Originally posted by DHA

...any time schools of chinook are crowded into collapsed seine nets - they are dead, they all die.

=========================
DHA or DocasaHexaenoic Acid is an acronym for the resource that I cherish most in my life...there will come a day that all control and all that you love will change hands. Sit and do nothing, or stand and do something...that is the difference between developing substantial change or loosing all that you love.
Call ya on that Unknown....... The baby springs are perday tough critters

Back