Winter Shrink ???

Jencourt

So considering options for winter storage of my boat. Wondering about shrink wrap option. What do you know or what have ya heard?Has any one done it? Did it winter well? Was moisture/mold an issue? Would you do it again?

Unless there is some kind of dehumidifier in the boat you could end up with mildew and mold.
Happened to me once when I wrapped the boat up to tight.

I know John in Westview marina tahsis uses a small heater with a fan to circulate air. He does a lot of boats up there.

When it is done properly its wicked. 24' boat and under no dehumidifier required just two vent kits. One fore and one aft. After 24' power and a dehumidifier is required. Make sure the boat is uphill all winter and drained of all bilge water is gone.

When you unwrap it in the spring you can basically launch and go fishing, its wicked.

A 24' foot boat will cost approx 250.00 and 30' will coat approx 450.00. You can buy everything on line and do it yourself for a fraction of the cost.

You can buy everything on line and do it yourself for a fraction of the cost.[/QUOTE]

wait, what?

Back