Winter Kitty Coleman

Discussion in '2014 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by Prairie Buoy, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Prairie Buoy

Prairie Buoy Member

Thought time to start a winter Kitty thread.. Was out today and jigged some real nice grey cod. Picked up a good winter spring on the Andrew P spoon I picked up from FA. Was slow on the salmon side but a ton of bait. Don't know how to get salmon to bite with all that bait around?? Salmon caught had empty stomach.. 250-280'

Huge cod make salmon look small..

Tight lines

IMG_0718.jpg

2. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

those P-cod are BIG!!! Some nice fish and chip meals in the future

3. Tide Up

Tide Up Member

Nice feed there.Glad you started this thread

4. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Crew Member

Can't wait till the boat is back from the hospital....... Man I need to go fishing

5. salmonkiller01

salmonkiller01 Well-Known Member

Nice catch!!
    How do them pacific cod taste?

6. charlie415

charlie415 Well-Known Member

Pacific cod are great tasting. A little hard to hang onto when filleting but worth the effort for sure.

7. Fish Assassin

I know many guys that eat them..... Also know many that turn thier noses up to them for no reason. Not sure why....... I have no problem filleting them

8. Prairie Buoy

Prairie Buoy Member

Wife & I hit Kitty today for a few hours when wind was down. Picked up a hand full of springs and 2 were legal for Christmas BBQ. Fished army truck one side & sand lance other. Both caught same. Down 250. No time for cod as wind came up. Had to push logs out of way to get in/ out Pacific.

Costco bag of springs:
    IMG_0719.jpg

9. Fish Assassin

I am jealous.........

10. capt. crunch

capt. crunch Member

Nice! I'm jealous too.

11. eaglemaniac

eaglemaniac Well-Known Member

Good on you there PB. I'm so happy that you had your partner out there with you. You guys rock. Have a very merry Christmas.;) eman

12. dougthefisher

dougthefisher Member

Sad Face.jpg I want to go fishing tooooooooo

13. Tide Up

Tide Up Member

Went to Kitty Jan 2 .Nice day out there,a little snotty coming around the corner from Comox but once we got to Kitty it was nice.
    All we hooked into was undersized and it looked like that's what most others were hooking.
    About a dozen boats out