d1a2971693a5cd2f4f07c22f2b16b912.jpg

baeacabe735f682f7169626fecf573b9.jpg

Compass/cup holders installed
22de95f7bfa5482606bf1abb66ca541a.jpg

Helm and plumbing for rear steering
4bc201ffa222a8105ef04eefb5ec28dc.jpg

Prep for bottom paint
7e07ceec6155ee50578ec62d133d0837.jpg

Those look real good would finish off my aluminum holders nicely I just can't see the diameter of them

Yeah, I couldn't find a size either. Although I've seen lots more variety on other websites, these were all I could find after a quick google search. More of an example than anything. I know that there are other sizes and colours available. I just can't seem to find them online at the moment.

Looks good Jac. Should be ready to sell by march at that rate!

Those look good. What are they from Lordco and do you have to glue them on?

It is door and window trim, very cheap (36 cents I believe aha ) itll do the job, the only problem is cutting it to fit and come together nicely- other than that it does what it is intended to do - reduce damage to the rods. It has some sort of adhesive built in when you buy it- however I am sceptical on how long it will stay on - but it seems to hold in place fairly well so far

Yep... Let us sfbc guys know when she hits the market. Very nice boat!

Not selling this one at least not at this point. I love working on boats but I'm starting to get tired of it. My wife and I had our first child 5 months ago and the boat is far from top of the list now.

It is door and window trim, very cheap (36 cents I believe aha ) itll do the job, the only problem is cutting it to fit and come together nicely- other than that it does what it is intended to do - reduce damage to the rods. It has some sort of adhesive built in when you buy it- however I am sceptical on how long it will stay on - but it seems to hold in place fairly well so far

Which lordco in Vic did you buy it at cause I went to the one on burnside and they only sell it but the 12ft pack for $30

Not selling this one at least not at this point. I love working on boats but I'm starting to get tired of it. My wife and I had our first child 5 months ago and the boat is far from top of the list now.

Id almost be willing to set up a pool or an over and under bet hahaha

Anyone familiar with Campbell River style tiller Boston Whaler wiring? I've had mine for 2.5 years and haven't touched the wiring yet. My boat has the light switch, bilge pump switch, ignition, tilt switch, cigarette charger(broken) and ff/gps all attached beside and around the wooden driver's seat base and wired straight to the main(not deep cycle) battery. There is an inline fuse for the ff because I added that. Not really sure what else is fused. At the moment I have my electric start kicker on a seperate (deep cycle)battery and a set of jumper cables for main engine emergency starts. Now I have yet to be mounted electric riggers and need a real radio rather than handheld. Probably should have a tach too. It might be the time to do everything properly with a house/starting battery and a battery switch +/or ACR.
The problem is where to mount everything neatly and out of the weather when there is no console. Or I could just add more stuff to the battery terminals and go fishing. If you respond, understand that I have tools, and time but very little technical electrical expertise. Wiring diagrams make my head spin.
I like the idea of the kicker and 2 batteries because I do go offshore on nice days. I don't think the April point lodge boats have those.
It's a simple boat; am I making it too complicated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm almost finished my winter projects bottom paint complete rear steering installed and working great. need some time to go out on the lake to give her a really good test run. I would like to add another lowrance hds to the helm and I'm ordering deckadence for the rear deck and walkway that will be a nice feature

c39e36e348f778a0b5854f8c1a0ed9dd.jpg

60d10bf4e322db16f526ea30d0491c0b.jpg

My project to build a larger rear table has stalled while waiting for the plastic sheet to arrive so I have moved on...
Next is getting some extra roof railings made up so the traps and floats can get stowed up top. - I even have a small fantasy of adding a single seat tuna tower once the rails are installed. Tuna fishing is truly an addiction ( must catch more... must have better view... need bigger fish box, etc )
Today I bent up some pvc tubing into the shape I like so the railing company has a template to copy.

Attachments

• DSCN4978.jpg
    DSCN4978.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 982
  • DSCN4979.jpg
    DSCN4979.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 977
  • DSCN4977.jpg
    DSCN4977.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 986
Electrical upgrade

Half of boating problems come from electrical issues. This has always been a pet peeve of mine.

My underside of dash situation was looking over taxed big time.....

I am lucky to have a friend that really knows his wiring. He is redoing my whole under dash situation.

Trying to get comfortable on my gal.

Where he is at now. Two bigger bus bar's to take out all the bad penny stacking etc. and leaves room for expansion.

I will post up the final product shortly. The wiring will be all done up neat as a pin........

I sold my Lowrance HDS 7 Gen1 to a nice gentleman. I replaced the unit with a Lowrance HDS8 Gen2 so that all my units talk to each other now.

Happy, happy, happy.........:)

Rod holder

Boats always need organization, so I thought I would fab up a rod holder set up for the hardtop. As with many things we make, I am not entirely happy with what I have put together... but it is going to have to do.Have not mounted it yet, but here is today's work.
rod holder back (1024x768).jpgRod holder (768x1024).jpg

Holy smokes John! why fish for tuna? you could fish for spaghetti snakes without ever leaving the dock -hee hee - looks way better in second shot

I've been a 'shop hermit' for a few days ( wifes' term.. must be an endearment? right??? )

and a few projects have come together and a few are well in progress;
new bigger table and some new flags to fly
removable boarding step
added 4" tabs to reverse chine

Attachments

• DSCN5007.jpg
    DSCN5007.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCN5005.jpg
    DSCN5005.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN4999.jpg
    DSCN4999.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 329
and...

sealed up transom bracket cavity for some free flotation
roof rails are installed - mock up of extra rod holders IP and carrier for crab traps

Attachments

• DSCN5008.jpg
    DSCN5008.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCN5004.jpg
    DSCN5004.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 540
Back