white seafood chowder\ soup

Scott2010

I cleaned out the freezer today and thawed some fish for the pot. I ended up using a big steelhead carcass for the stock. I used the usual veggies: spuds, onion, carrot, celery. I added fresh dill, lemon, garlic, white wine, buttermilk, cream, butter. Lots of rosemary, cayenne, pepper, salt, garlic. I added a couple cans of baby oysters, some shrimp, a diced up snapper fillet, steelhead and some smoked salmon.

It turned out tasting good, not very thick though. It's now a white base seafood soup. Add less water next time.

Don't want to rain on a good parade-BUT -where is the bacon or ham not to mention corn-otherwise perfect!! LOL its ALL GOOD!!

Ya, let's put some pig in the seafood chowder. That's the whole problem with restaurants, they put chicken stock etc. in everything they cook. Sorry, I'm grouchy today.;) eman

Ya, let's put some pig in the seafood chowder. That's the whole problem with restaurants, they put chicken stock etc. in everything they cook. Sorry, I'm grouchy today.;) eman

Whoa whoa whoa... easy now. Watch what you are saying about bacon. Bacon slander should be illegal.

I love you sweet lady bacon

Back