Where to fish this weekend?

nedarb2

i havnt made it out for some fresh water fishing in far too long so im going to try and make it out within the next week...
any suggestions on where to go in about a halfhour-45min drive from duncan?
any gear/tackle/set up suggestions? ive really only spinner fished for my life but the last couple years ive been trying to get into flyfishing more..

thanks

Good place to try from shore is fuller lake,about 15 minutes from duncan.You really can't see the lake from the highway,but its beside the arena.Drive all the way to the end of the paved area and park.walk down to the beach and fish from it.You need to cast pretty far,the farther the better.Use a 3/4oz weight and a 3' leader with floating power eggs. Good luck.

I fish the far side of fuller out of the fishhunter drop to bottom with a little green power egg. slay em! pulled a couple 5+lbs out of there too, also seen a 9lbs yanked out last summer. as for off shore i agree to the left on the beach cast about 50 or more yards out to the drop off!

quote:Originally posted by The Chosen one

isnt the lake frozen????? I know quamichan is:D
Ya your right I would imagine all lakes are going to be frozen, I've only steelheaded and went out for some winter springs a couple times so far this year

quote:Originally posted by The Chosen one

isnt the lake frozen????? I know quamichan is:D
Ya your right I would imagine all lakes are going to be frozen, I've only steelheaded and went out for some winter springs a couple times so far this year

I'm hopefully gonna hit Cowichan (maybe, maybe not icebreaking Gordon Bay launch) this friday to see if I can find these 'giant' cutthroat. Probably trolling spoons closer to shore. Have spotted others doing same.

I'm hopefully gonna hit Cowichan (maybe, maybe not icebreaking Gordon Bay launch) this friday to see if I can find these 'giant' cutthroat. Probably trolling spoons closer to shore. Have spotted others doing same.

Back