When is the ice usually off?

Like anywhere depends on the elevation of the lake, it's size and the weather that year. Dragon Lake just outside of Quesnel is quite low and is sometimes off as early as April 1. For the small fly fishing lakes, typical would be mid-April for lower lakes to mid May for higher lakes. Of course the really big lakes like Horsefly and Quesnel should be open now.

Thanks, we bought 6 acres on Quesnel lake and I am itching to go get some work done on it. Looking to get some fishing done too of course. Here in the Alberta foothills we still have tons of ice under tons of snow.

Thanks, we bought 6 acres on Quesnel lake and I am itching to go get some work done on it. Looking to get some fishing done too of course. Here in the Alberta foothills we still have tons of ice under tons of snow.
Congradulations on your purchase ,which area of the lake are you on? I think there is a bit of snow out there yet.Dragon Lake still has ice on it but is getting close.

Thanks, pretty excited about it. Although my wife and I have a big difference in our opinions of what we want to build for a cabin. We are located just about midway on the south end.

Back