Whats your biggest Steelhead and where...

yo mama

Ahh I thought I would start a freshwater vesion of Craven's biggest Spring.

Mine was on the Yakoun a couple years back. It was around the 22-23 pound range followed by a 20lbs 4 hours later. Wattta river!!! Locally was a 20ish out of the Cowie many moons ago.

Come on Bags lets here it!

16-18lb's [^]outa the sproat 3 years back:D might be hittn er up tomorrow morning....[:eek:)] i know im crazy [8D]

cheers steelyman[}:)]

Still havent cracked the 20's myself. One big buck from the falls pool comes to mind though, probably went 18 pounds or so. Also got the doe that was swimming with it and she went a solid 15.

Lets go a long ways back in time ......22lbs from the Koksilah River in 1964 , about 1/4 below the falls ....hooked him behind a root ball from a fallen maple which had drifted down river , he was holding in the back eddy.

AL

21# Toquart River, best part was was the release,Jan, 2004.

41.5 " on the somass jan 1996.Figure about 20-22lbs (wild buck).Got one on the cowicham that was 40" the same year.And a couple close to that on the thompson in the late ninety's.[:p]

my biggest would be 25 lbs from the Vedder mid eighties at least a half dozen over 20lbs

Hmmm, well I can honestly say that the 20 lb. mark has been questionable a few times. Took an honest 18-19 lb. laser outta the millstone back in my day's as a pup. For such an urban stream, it was full of wild fish back in the early 80's.. What a freakin shame.
Mama, was that the laser sporting the santa hat a few seasons back.. Whatta a beauty. You should have mail.cheers-dirty

Hey Chev, you bin out lately?? Send me a mail, got some good stuff to report on.-dirty

17lbs, sproat river, several years ago (maybe '91)

I quick released one from the same spot that was bigger (much longer for sure) but I never measured or weighed it in 2002. I can't even guess, I've never seen one that big, that close until then.

Dirtdog67,
Last year there was quit a few chum and the odd coho in the millstone.
was suprised to see them.

hey dirty would be nice to get out with you one of these days maybe teach me and salty a little something about catching those chromers.

27.5 pounds, wild buck, Bogachiel River, late February 2001 (I think it was '01 anyway). The amazing thing about that particular flow, there's a spring run of springs that come in at the same time as their late winters. Same day tagged a 32 pound chrome spring hen on the same rig - St Croix light rod, 5501 w/ 12 pound main, and 8 lb leader. Good thing we had a boat!! Both took us a considerable way back down the river!

Cheers,
Nog

No prob's Beav, always's up for some new company. Look forward to giving you and Andrew a hand over the holiday's.
Wet Beav, the millstone was once a prolific river for both chum and coho, as well as a once steller wild run of winters. I think my neighbor back in those day's had a little to do with their demise.. Back when the unheard of bag limits of 4 wild fish per day. The coho have made a real comeback with the salmon in the city project.. I heard of a 24 lb. coho taken for brood last season. Whatta hog.cheers-dirty

Yo Dirty, for some reason my emails to you arent getting out. To answer your question though, yes I have been out and there have been some fishy results. Try sendin me an E when you get a chance.

Back