What's my boat worth?

pennel

Looking at a nice boat that the dealer wanted around K170 for.
Having never traded in a boat before I started looking on the net to see if I could get an idea to its value -didn't get too far.
I figured ( hope) you guys could give a bit of insight.
Here goes . 2010 Hewescraft Searunner 220 hardtop with extended transom ( boat is 24' long)
150 Yamaha ( 500 hrs) + Yamaha 9.9 kicker ( both 2010 and maintained by a boat dealer)

Comes with usual electronics and radar, also an EZ trailer.
Boat is in good condition and lives in a carport for most of the year.
Not asking for an exact price just want to know if I was being lowballed.
Selling the boat is not a 'must'. Went in there for something else-bit like walking into a fishing store and coming out with more than you intended.
Thanks, guys.

Quick google search shows a similar 220 hardtop searunner just sold in Oregon for $47500 US and an older 2007 is for sale in Alaska for over $50k ... so $60-65k cdn equivalent.

Cheers!

Ukee

if you sell for $40k let me know that would be a steal. I bet $60kish the used alum boat market is nuts

my guess would be 40k or maybe a little less thats what alot of the hewescrafts I see online go for with that amount of hours might get a little more if someone gets horny over it.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/d/2016-hewescraft-ocean-pro-220/6551078491.html theres a US sale of something like yours but 2016

While newer and the ocean pro being a bit bigger hull than the searunner, that boat in the link is listed at approx $90k cdn equivalent .... so your $40k estimate is less than half for a very comparable boat, not sure how you figure that? Based on the searches I did I wouldn’t look for anything under $60k - new aluminum prices are high and likely to go higher w/ trumps trade wars and not a lot of stock on the used market.

Cheers!

Ukee

but its like anything for sale everyone can get worked up over what people think stuff is worth but at the end of the day you can ask whatever you want it all comes down to what the market and people are willing to pay!

and the 40k mark was litterally a wild guess just because I know alot of those boats are posted up online for crazy amounts of cash.

While newer and the ocean pro being a bit bigger hull than the searunner, that boat in the link is listed at approx $90k cdn equivalent .... so your $40k estimate is less than half for a very comparable boat, not sure how you figure that? Based on the searches I did I wouldn’t look for anything under $60k - new aluminum prices are high and likely to go higher w/ trumps trade wars and not a lot of stock on the used market.

Cheers!

Ukee

just saying it was a wild guess and it being 6 years older higher hours etc lol if anyone has 40+k to spend on a boat then fly at er.

Market price means nothing. Cash is king. An example:
My truck was listed at dealer for $13400. I rolled in with cash and left with the truck for $8300. Don’t confuse what people think it’s worth with what it will actually bring.

Some people haggle good and others not so good.

Decide what you want
Then what you’ll take and stick firm to that and you’ll do ok.

$60K would be a good starting point for a private sale. Dealership would give you your $38k and have it back up for sale in a week for $65k.

I think with the tax savings you'll get and saving the hassle of having to sell it yourself, if you could get them to give you 50k on trade that would be approaching reasonable. Only you can decide what saving the hassle is worth to YOU, but I'd expect you could easily get at least 55k on the open market for your boat. If you do end up selling yourself I'd list at 60 and see what happens.

I wasn't going to mention it but the guy offered me K38. Maybe I have sucker stamped on my forehead.

If you posted your boat on iFish.net for $38k cdn it would be sold in about 5-minutes and resold for over $40k USD within a few days.

My buddy had almost the identical boat, bought it new, used it for two seasons and sold it for what he bought it for at the end of the second season. Two days on Craigslist he got a buyer from Alberta who begged him to take the add down and that he was jumping in his truck and bringing cash - boat was on its way to Edmonton the next day!

Good luck with whatever you decide and your next purchase!

Cheers!

Ukee

Back