What's hot right now for sooke

L

luckynuts

Hello all,

Hopefully some of you fish off of sooke and would be able to tell me what's hot right now. I will be heading over tomorrow if all goes well to get a little fishin in. Being from the island I used to fish that area pretty hard. Green flasher and anchovie with at least a 6' leader took the majority of my fish. Any one thing hot right now? I know army truck was working last year. Big or small anchovie?

Thanks for the tips

W.

I heard a rumour that some large "pinks" where in that area now....
Dunno but I'll be there in a week or so fishing about a mile offshore.

PINKS !!!!!! awe I have the flyrod and the river for them. Besides my trip was cancelled =( Maybe next week.

PINKS !!!!!! awe I have the flyrod and the river for them. Besides my trip was cancelled =( Maybe next week.

Medium chovy, and the gold and chrome teaser head with a 5 -8 foot leader behind a green hot spot flasher has produced. Also the green and chrome coyote spoons with the green/purple hot spot combo. The larger herring or sardines in a clear teaser head with no flasher has had some sniffs. All have been from 30-85 feet on the riggers. The rear hook on the tandem setup has proven it's worth, no more missing chovy tails, just a big chubby columbia spring. Good luck, Beachy head has been hot. Prepare for the 2lb ball toss and rubbin rod tips though, gong show at it's finest.

Medium chovy, and the gold and chrome teaser head with a 5 -8 foot leader behind a green hot spot flasher has produced. Also the green and chrome coyote spoons with the green/purple hot spot combo. The larger herring or sardines in a clear teaser head with no flasher has had some sniffs. All have been from 30-85 feet on the riggers. The rear hook on the tandem setup has proven it's worth, no more missing chovy tails, just a big chubby columbia spring. Good luck, Beachy head has been hot. Prepare for the 2lb ball toss and rubbin rod tips though, gong show at it's finest.

Maddog I responded to you earlier but I musta F%$#^& up as it's not here. I yanked a small 20lb off sooke using a green hotspot with chartuesse/glow head with a 7' leader. Lots of seals, whales and people and COHO could'nt keep them off. All in all a good time had by all in the boat. Thanks for the info.

W

Maddog I responded to you earlier but I musta F%$#^& up as it's not here. I yanked a small 20lb off sooke using a green hotspot with chartuesse/glow head with a 7' leader. Lots of seals, whales and people and COHO could'nt keep them off. All in all a good time had by all in the boat. Thanks for the info.

W

W

Sounds good, I was out last sunday during the juan de fuca derby, lots of boats but not alot of springs. Hooked some coho though. Couldn't keep the choves down near the 80' mark,coho matham. Fished secratary all the way to church rock, No slabs but the whales made a showing.

Sounds good, I was out last sunday during the juan de fuca derby, lots of boats but not alot of springs. Hooked some coho though. Couldn't keep the choves down near the 80' mark,coho matham. Fished secratary all the way to church rock, No slabs but the whales made a showing.

Back