What's for dinner tonight ?

whats people go to Super Bowl dish today? I'm doing a pan of enchiladas roasted corn, pepper jack cheese, olives, onions, black bean. some pull apart cheesy pizza bread thing and maybe some deviled eggs with crumbled bacon.

WELL having a shaker in the MAN CAVE to root for the SEAHAWKS....... im serving pulled pork sandwiches 10 lbs of it so marinaded it for 2 days in a combination of spices including Coriander,paprika,cayenne,fennel seed.black pepper,caraway,cumin,garlic brown sugar,
than i smoked it for 2 hours in the smoker, made a bed of onions in a BIG pan with LOTS of garlic placed all the meat on top and added 2 litres of chicken broth cooked it for 12 hours at 210..... woke up this am to an amazing smelling house........

Just finished prepping it drained of all the liquid made a homemade sauce with a bit of whiskey and sugar it and thickened it up,added a bit to the meat to make it stick and some in a boal to spread on the bun!!!!!

And of course smoked salmon,Pepperoni, Tigerprawn is making homemade baked beans, going to be a good night even better night LOL LOL

IF YOUR IN THE AREA DROP BYE.....

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez wolf........I'm just making nacho's and drinking beer. Been craving some pulled pork, going to fire up the smoker next weekend and do a pork shoulder for company I have staying, going to try an arbutus smoke :)

Jeez wolf........I'm just making nacho's and drinking beer. Been craving some pulled pork, going to fire up the smoker next weekend and do a pork shoulder for company I have staying, going to try an arbutus smoke :)
Man are you sure on the Arbutus smoke? Felt the arbutus leaves and they have an oily feel to them-before I smoked with the arbutus I would put a piece of bread with butter on it and sit it in the smoker for an hour. It will pick up the smoke taste-hate to see you lose a shoulder-then at least you're sure

Beer battered snapper and poached prawns ..mmm I was gunna take a picture but I never made it that far.. oh and a couple shots of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey..

Man are you sure on the Arbutus smoke? Felt the arbutus leaves and they have an oily feel to them-before I smoked with the arbutus I would put a piece of bread with butter on it and sit it in the smoker for an hour. It will pick up the smoke taste-hate to see you lose a shoulder-then at least you're sure

Good call Spring fever...... I did find an arbutus smoke somewhere on the 'net before but don't recall what meat it was for.

Here is a good list of woods.....
http://www.barbecue-party.com/barbecue-wood-chips.htm

seems arbutus is ok trick is you want wood that is a bit dry and NOT to wet as it creates steam which you dont want i personally use as dry as I can and leave it in the rain for a day

Good luck now on to what we are EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL having a shaker in the MAN CAVE to root for the SEAHAWKS....... im serving pulled pork sandwiches 10 lbs of it so marinaded it for 2 days in a combination of spices including Coriander,paprika,cayenne,fennel seed.black pepper,caraway,cumin,garlic brown sugar,
than i smoked it for 2 hours in the smoker, made a bed of onions in a BIG pan with LOTS of garlic placed all the meat on top and added 2 litres of chicken broth cooked it for 12 hours at 210..... woke up this am to an amazing smelling house........

Just finished prepping it drained of all the liquid made a homemade sauce with a bit of whiskey and sugar it and thickened it up,added a bit to the meat to make it stick and some in a boal to spread on the bun!!!!!

And of course smoked salmon,Pepperoni, Tigerprawn is making homemade baked beans, going to be a good night even better night LOL LOL

IF YOUR IN THE AREA DROP BYE.....

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Niners. That is all.

Oh.....and go pulled pork! Will be the hood soon.....will follow the smell.

thriftys has buy one get one free pork shoulders and butts on till tuesday

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Mrs Lippy is in Vancouver for work tonight... kids got pizza and a 8 oz tenderloin and alfredo for me ( I only grabbed it to spite the kids for wanting little ceasers of all things:rolleyes:)

And since I just got home and the kids fed, animals fed and the fire going its time for a beer. I'll get around to cooking when I get around to it

Enchiladas are good!

Back