What is wrong with people!

Roberth

Crew Member
went fishing for halibut today on west Constance bank. When the tide got too fast we slipped off the anchor and went to fish for salmon. Came back when the tide slowed down 3 hour later to fish for halibut again....... entire anchor set up was gone. Name and number was on the Scotsman
$900 later.
As much as I don't want to wish misfortune on someone I hope you hook up and swamp the boat! Unfortunately there would likely be someone innocent on the boat with you!
Sad.

wow...can't believe anyone would do that...
tides were pretty big today
As you know doubt know, a ball will go under in a big tide
it actually acts like a plainer and only comes up on a slacker tide.
I would give it another search on a slack tide.
Your only hope

went fishing for halibut today on west Constance bank. When the tide got too fast we slipped off the anchor and went to fish for salmon. Came back when the tide slowed down 3 hour later to fish for halibut again....... entire anchor set up was gone. Name and number was on the Scotsman
$900 later.
As much as I don't want to wish misfortune on someone I hope you hook up and swamp the boat! Unfortunately there would likely be someone innocent on the boat with you!
Sad.

Fogged in has a very good point. I would suggest you head out there just before
slack tide and have a good look around.. If you have your name and phone
number on the float maybe some one will call you. Good luck.

if i were a hunter and you campped on my #'s some would be pissed.

:confused::confused::confused:......if you were a hunter and someone beat you to a spot you label as 'yours'......tough titties. :p

I am a hunter and fisherman....if I don't get to MY spot first that's MY problem.

It's a BIG ocean without roads governing where you can go...you get to a spot and someone's there, you have 360 degrees to go in your means of transport. ;)

One final thought....whose to say YOUR numbers aren't also MY numbers?? ;) :p

Last edited:
Roberth

Given the details you provided I would guess your anchor ball was under water, slipped and drifted or got crushed. Has happened to me in same situation, on big current days ball goes under and pressure crushes it, then on slack they do not resurface, poly form A's are good for this, partly why I use only A4. Have you looked on a slack tide? Never lost an anchor due to theft, I have lost a few due to current, now if we leave them I add a second A3 to tag line.

HM

I have that happen to a prawn trap with anchor. Set it in too much current and found it 2 miles away the next day.
Trap was all beat up.
Consider which way the current was going and how much line you had as it would have to hit bottom and catch again otherwise would just keep drifting.

Tide was ripping on Thursday......like 3 kts.....good luck anchoring on Constance in that. Hope you get your set up back though. Some decent tides starting midweek, maybe someone will pick it up.

Back