What is this Fish?

Lmarthe

I was fishing a small glacial lake near Hope and caught this fish. It has the pefect rainbow coloration and matched the rest of the fish in the lake , but had the large hump and curved jaw of a salmon. Wondering if anyone has seen anything like it.

Attachments

• DSCN0348.jpg
    DSCN0348.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 401
Looks like a Hali-Bow...........

Just a deformed rainbow.

nemo-dory.jpg

And yes... its just a rainbow with a major spine problem

Frankenbow....it's scary it has an adipose fin. If that length of orange twisted braid you're holding is what you used to hook it on and fight it, it must have put up a hell of a fight!

It could be a hunchback triploid rainbow. the triploid don't spawn so all the hormones go into growth. This one looks like abnormal growth to me.

Quite common in Dips too

Ahhh yes.. the fresh water ling :D:D

That is a female Coquahalla Piranha...........this specie does not have the teeth of it's South American cousin...
However if you mouth the letters "DFO" while looking at it when alive, it will go into a raging "nibble' attack....

looks like either a rainbass or maybe a bassbow to me:D

Its a BC Piranha. The DFO labs have been hard at work developing a new fresh water species for the extreme recreational fishermen. The extreme challenge is that this fish fights back. ;)

It's an escapee from a rainbow trout fish farm; even trout farms spread diseases :(

I took a **** in a lake near hope once, might be the offspring lol

Back