What do you do?

Pay attention to your parents folks, its no fun getting old. Even just finding someone to mow the lawn, change a light bulb, program a remote, is a challenge for them.

I just spent the day planting trees and rhodos at the direction of my lovely wife and I can tell you that I feel every one of my 64 years right now. The tall G and T is helping a bit, though.
Good on you, Fish stalker - My wife and I spent a lot of time doing chores for my and her parents and am hoping our children will be in a position to do the same for us. To think that there is a service available if or when we need it is quite comforting.

Hospitality professional and resort General Manager. Have worked all sizes and styles of hotels & resorts for 35 years now. Still love going to work every day!

Mason tile setter
if its bricks blocks stone or tiles
fake stone or cultured
senior college lecturer in Brickwork 2000-2006 Reading college UK
with world skills English national 2004 bricklaying champion candidate.
34 years fishing and making & developing tackle.

Attachments

• bricktwistedarch.jpg
    bricktwistedarch.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 344
  • IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 340
Wow some of you's have a amazing Jobs, i drive water & Vacuum trucks in Alberta, Also a certified stiff boom crane operator (40 tons) BC & Yukon, just bought my first salmon fishin boat and it fugly as sin but i gotta start somewhere, cant be a parachute fisherman forever! Still try to find a name for the ole 16.5 foot KNC , feel free to give idea's for this boat name 010.jpg 019.jpg047.jpg

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 303
I have already spent twice what i paid for it on electronics and downriggers, one electric n one handcrank scotty, also a vhf,gps,sounder n all the needed safety stuff, believe it or not that crusty ole johnson runs pretty good, a buddy of mine helped me to fabricate steering brackets for the easy steer, n even a propguard., ya she is a bit fugly...lol

Attachments

• IMG_2189[1].jpg
    IMG_2189[1].jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 400
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 402
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some of you's have a amazing Jobs, i drive water & Vacuum trucks in Alberta, Also a certified stiff boom crane operator (40 tons) BC & Yukon, just bought my first salmon fishin boat and it fugly as sin but i gotta start somewhere, cant be a parachute fisherman forever! Still try to find a name for the ole 16.5 foot KNC , feel free to give idea's for this boat name View attachment 6953
I had a 12 foot little fibreglass boat that I brought home when I was just getting started. I told my friends that I was going to restore it. They told me I should put it on the front lawn and put plants in it. The Name "Planter" stuck even after I gave it to a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I live in Metchosin/Sooke I have been installing Comercial Flooring for 8 years with the occasional Residential job for those who ask nice!. Do everything Carpet, Laminate, Hardwood, Tile and Linoleum.

Cheers all!

Oh yeah Silver City tillicum(movie theater). Perks arena entrance LOGO and the Childrens Ward at Victoria General Hospital being some of the coolest stuff I have worked on!

No pics

Keep those skills alive!!!!!Great stuff!!

Awsome stuff keep the youngins using it or we will lose it!

Mason tile setter
if its bricks blocks stone or tiles
fake stone or cultured
senior college lecturer in Brickwork 2000-2006 Reading college UK
with world skills English national 2004 bricklaying champion candidate.
34 years fishing and making & developing tackle.

Remittance man and property developer. :p Bought 6 acres of bush 7 years ago and my exercise program is building our house. Thankfully the cabin, shop and wellhouse are finished. The skillsets some of you have are stunning.

Previous career was live entertainment, always backstage.

Iphone 8 014.jpg Journeyman Steamfitter working as a rigger. Proud 488 union member working in the Alberta oil patch.

Meant to add if you ever need true Emergency Department care, or the leadership and subsequent supervisory and management skills of running a large department- you know where i am at :) .

Great thread idea! 23rd season coming up fish guiding Nootka/Essperanza by summer and Heli logging off and on during rest of season. Real cool job that takes me hunting and fishing all over our province.

Back