What do you do?

Discussion in 'General Open Forum' started by albernifisher, Apr 19, 2013.

1. albernifisher

albernifisher Well-Known Member

Was thinking about a sportfishing bc yellow pages.Allways have friends or relatives asking if I know anyone who does this??? here goes
    Im a autobody painter/bodyman with over 17 years in the trade, painted everything from boats to planes and am located in Nanaimo

2. bigbruce

bigbruce Crew Member

Happily retired HR Exec. Spent the past few days power raking and top dressing the 3/4 acres of lawn I have. Other than that, split my time between my family, vintage Fiat Spider, Crown Isle, and boat.

3. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Well-Known Member

Tour guide/driver.

4. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

perimeter drainage, water mains, drain cleaning, pipe cameras, line location, septic, trenchless pipe replacement, foundation leaks/cracks, pretty much anything underground with water involved, able drain

this is like free spam!!LOL

5. adrianna3

adrianna3 Active Member

Electrician.

Dave

6. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

buyer for Plumbing and Heating distribution firm.

7. alumaman

alumaman Active Member

Aluminum railings, patio covers and sun rooms. In another life owned and operated an office furniture company and still do space planning and office furniture moves and installations.

8. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Well-Known Member

I'm a retired commercial fisherman, but still with my hand in marine conservation and research.

9. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Retired military and commercial pilot. Serious WCVI fisherman and wife's gardening gopher(when she can find me)LOL

10. Canso

Canso Well-Known Member

heavy and auto mechanic

11. Striker

Striker Member

Electrician :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
  12. vetteman

vetteman Active Member

I was a lineman for 36 years and 14 days. Now I'm into week seven of retirement and loving it.
    Dave

13. High Velocity

High Velocity Member

Journeyman automotive and H/D mechanic for 30+ years. Put the tools down a few years ago and now I operate natural gas wells.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Certified faller, supervisor for whistlerblackcomb terrain park grooming in the winter months and supervisor of the mountain bike park the rest if the year. Tree falling has paid for all the boating and fishing goods.

15. finaddict

finaddict Well-Known Member

Congratulations Dave, I AM envious.

16. Buyer for large oil and gas company. I buy all the chemicals, lubes and pretty much everything else used in refining.

17. Fish-Hunter

Fish-Hunter Active Member

This is a great idea! I'll jump in.

I own and run a Saw and Tool Sharpening and Manufacturing Company, Servicing predominately, but not limited to the Island, we do reach as far as Hawaii, Yukon, Newfoundland, and the States.
    We also represent Wood-Mizer portable sawmills for the Island and Coastal region.

High Five, I may be in touch with you soon, as we are wanting to develop a machine that I need to get some design/drawings done up for.

Cheers,
    Jay

18. Sharphooks

Sharphooks Well-Known Member

Commercial bait distributor and seafood trader. Main business is importing squid out of South America for the hook and line P. cod fleet in the Bering Sea and supplying pilchards to the local dungeness crab guys

19. Finished Business

Finished Business Well-Known Member

I run our small family company. Tool and Die manufacturing, general machining, press repair, now based in Abbotsford. Been located in Surrey since 1975. Specializing in the Wire Rope industry and a member in good standing with the AWRF (Associated Wire Rope Fabricators) since the 70s/early 80's.

20. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

Machinist......which is only 9 characters, who knew? This should submit now :)