What boat checks all these boxes

It's funny you say Cutwater boats Peahead. I have never heard of them till yesterday at the boat show. Looked at all of them very nice boats.

Cut waters are very nice they have been gaining market share over the last few years. I think they are made by the same company that builds ranger tugs but I could be wrong. They are more geared towards cruising but would work well to fish from also. I have looked at a number of them and they are finished well. But for that money you could be in a ocean sport or a welded aluminum

Food for thought.
Have you considered a larger boat with a decent sized tow behind. I'm imagining a 1995 32' Bayliner and a 19' mauntauk or outrage. Moor the big one and trailer the small one.

What? No bites? Anchored up in some nice little cove, untie the whaler and head out to your best contour.

I think you may have a long search.Very hard to fill all your needs in one boat on your budget.Most modern boat designs have galley and accomodations below deck level,so hard to keep wife happy.Unless you have someone that loves to steer the boat all day from the wheelhouse,the larger pilot house boats are very limited when it comes to visibility from the cockpit. I think you still require some speed,so your looking at twin power /high fuel costs.I was on a swiftsure fishing trip on a 30 Commander and hated the ride,a wide beam at speed in a swell is no fun.The fisherman in me says go Seasport,the fuel saver and speed freak in me says go aluminum,the "what the hell you only live once"says go Oceansport.I just don't know if there is The Perfect Boat out there.Pursuit boats would be my choice,but we all know how important it is to keep the wife happy.

I admire this boat whenever I see her in Ucluelet. A boat like this is too long and slow for your list, but can do a lot. Haul out for bottom paint, zincs and other maintenance once a year.

Wahl made trollers with nicest lines.

Attachments

• Richmond%20Star%20copy_jpg_opt800x533o0,0s800x533.jpg
    Richmond%20Star%20copy_jpg_opt800x533o0,0s800x533.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 376
Tenmile,
at the boat show today I noticed these guys had 2 30' commanders for sale listed on their used board
Ken Stewart
Southern Straits Yacht sales
200-8211 river road,
Richmond BC.
604-649-5575
1-877-286-2871

Check with BoB from Pearson Marine, always has a line on boats that you are looking for, cruising sports fishers

Still looking.

Went and saw this bad boy today: http://m.yachtworld.com/<wbr>mobile/boats/1985/Sea-Ray-340-<wbr>2587942/Ladner/Canada

It will make someone a fantastic boat! Tons of money put into it -- EVERYTHING is upgraded -- newer twin 300HP volvo diesels, new shafts, tabs, paint, interior is all new -- amazing audio/video system, new counter tops -- all cherry cabinets with above average cabinetry work.

For me -- interior was too low (I'm 6'2" and had to slouch) and the bunk beds for the kids are very small. Otherwise, hard to beat this boat given the quality of the upgrades and engines.

Pippen -- the SFBC site is not the place to be distributing **** ;-) What a beautiful boat!!! 6 more feet and an extra cabin for kids and I'd be stroking a cheque I think!!!

for what it is , not a bad price either.

I've already sent the broker an email on that Tin Boat! So how many more hours of life do you think those Honda 150 have with 900+ on the meter now. I haven't done OB mains for 30 years.

I've already sent the broker an email on that Tin Boat! So how many more hours of life do you think those Honda 150 have with 900+ on the meter now. I haven't done OB mains for 30 years.

I've got over 3000 on mine buddy, if they have been maintained there's lots of life left.

Cool.....he's a good buddy of mine.

Back