whale watching

S

skin

would anyone happen to know of a good whale watching outfit in campbell river area suitable for young children. going to be at painters lodge 1st week of august but were told whale watching tour through painters not suitable for young children. any response gladly appreciated.

In plain English there are none.
First off seeing Whales out of CR is very hit 'n miss-they don't live/hunt in that area a lot but they do go back and forth so they pass right through downtown CR when they're travelling.
So what most outfits do is either offer a trip around nearby Islands to see what there is to see like tidal rapids-often rough and unsuitable for small kids- or head up on the long run to Johnstone Strait-again unsuitable for small kids.
So your choice is to either drive up to a place like Port McNeil and head out with an well established outfit like http://www.whaletime.com/ or rent a boat for an afternoon and take the kids for a short ride and 'maybe' you'll see a Whale or Dolphin.
For sure you'll see something for the kids-Seals, maybe Sea Lions, Eagles all found in CR.

that's why there's a warranty!

In plain English there are none.
First off seeing Whales out of CR is very hit 'n miss-they don't live/hunt in that area a lot but they do go back and forth so they pass right through downtown CR when they're travelling.
So what most outfits do is either offer a trip around nearby Islands to see what there is to see like tidal rapids-often rough and unsuitable for small kids- or head up on the long run to Johnstone Strait-again unsuitable for small kids.
So your choice is to either drive up to a place like Port McNeil and head out with an well established outfit like http://www.whaletime.com/ or rent a boat for an afternoon and take the kids for a short ride and 'maybe' you'll see a Whale or Dolphin.
For sure you'll see something for the kids-Seals, maybe Sea Lions, Eagles all found in CR.

that's why there's a warranty!

another good place to investigate also and i know they take kids on is up at telegraph cove but later on in the season you have to content with fog alot so they mostly go in the afternoon. The pod up there is the one with springer in it if you have heard about that whale.
Another possibility is to come down the island to victoria and see the whales down here if you need more info i can see what i can arrange for you Wolf

another good place to investigate also and i know they take kids on is up at telegraph cove but later on in the season you have to content with fog alot so they mostly go in the afternoon. The pod up there is the one with springer in it if you have heard about that whale.
Another possibility is to come down the island to victoria and see the whales down here if you need more info i can see what i can arrange for you Wolf

Back