Wet marinated and dry rubbed beef brisket

Chasin' Dreams

Trying out my first beef brisket. Gonna do a combo...wet marinated first for approx 16 hrs in maple syrup, whiskey, cider vinegar, home made barbecue sauce, garlic, onion, olive oil, and cracked black pepper. Then pat it dry and dry rub with herbs, spices and brown sugar and let cure for another 24 hrs before going in the smoker for approx 4 hrs, then into the barbecue above and away from direct heat for another 4 hrs or so, then I'll wrap it in butcher paper for the remaining slow temp finishing.
My first attempt so hope it goes well!

20180116_170651.jpg

20180116_171519.jpg

PkyiaTj

B5RPtpv

Last edited:
Sounds like a winner. The meat should stall at an internal temp around 145-155. Don' panic and just be patient it will eventually climb. Every piece of meat is different but your cooking times don't always go as planned. It's addicting so enjoy your first brisket!

Last edited:
Sounds like a winner. The meat should stall at an internal temp around 145-155. Don' panic and just be patient it will eventually climb. Every piece of meat is different but your cooking times don't always go as planned. It's additing so enjoy your first brisket!
Thanks for the advice! Will do.

Came out of the wet marinade today. Patted dry then liberally coated in the dry rub. Went with a sweet with heat type of dry rub; brown sugar, cumin powder, salt, cracked black pepper, cayenne powder, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and mustard powder. Wrapped in saran wrap then back in the fridge now for about another 16 hrs. Will go in the smoker tomorrow morning then in the slow cook bbq.

20180117_160537.jpg

20180117_161706.jpg

Back