West Marine Closing down

That is definitely going to suck when that happens. Nice to have both places so close together when searching for boat parts. Their prices were generally cheaper at West, but Steveston has a better Stainless bolt assortment. I imagine Steveston Marine's prices will become obscene without the competition once they close. Too bad I liked West Marine.

Also had nice people working at West Marine too
Yes they did, they were awesome. The management/owners at the Steveston Marine in Kits are far from my fav to have to deal with. I've had to deal with warranty/return issues with the guy who runs the show their for going on 30 years and he is no pleasure to deal with.

The Langley Steveston Marine is a dumpster fire. What a mess. Seems like they ample staff working there, but none care to organize the shelves and make it pleasant shopping experience.

Steveston is a train wreck.

How is it that you find 3 identical items with 3 different prices hanging on the pegs or shelves?

Check out the fishing tackle section.....look around.

The Langley Steveston Marine is a dumpster fire. What a mess. Seems like they ample staff working there, but none care to organize the shelves and make it pleasant shopping experience.
I've had bad experience dealing with both the stores in Langley and Van but it was even worse when I ordered a product online and after 5 days they cancelled the order without providing any explanation. Had to call and ask for the reason, and after being put on hold for over 5 minutes the answer was: 'posted price on the website was old and we can't sell at that price anymore' WTF?!

Too bad WM is closing. I like that place and their customer service is always top notch.

Steveston is a train wreck.

How is it that you find 3 identical items with 3 different prices hanging on the pegs or shelves?

Check out the fishing tackle section.....look around.
I can tell you exactly why but it'd take too long-suffice it to say their inventory system was old when dinosaurs walked the earth and little has changed.

Steveston is going to hose us once West Marine closes. With them and the other guys down in Steveston gone there will be no reasonable competition. Hopefully Harbour Chandler will recognize the opportunity.

Steveston Marine and Hardware is shutting down their store on Moncton in Steveston.

No rumour, I was in there yesterday. Big sign out front. Clearance sale on, 20% off fishing lures, 40% off old stock inventory on tables by the checkout.

Remaining inventory moved to remains stores.

Steveston Marine and Hardware is shutting down their store on Moncton in Steveston.

No rumour, I was in there yesterday. Big sign out front. Clearance sale on, 20% off fishing lures, 40% off old stock inventory on tables by the checkout.

Remaining inventory moved to remains stores.

Steveston Marine sold the old building on Moncton Street, the new store is at 8331 River Road in Richmond.
I think it was the old West Marine location.

I don't think it was so much internet sales killing West Marines business. I heard they couldn't standardize their product lines between Canada and the States because of all our regulations. They just figured it was too much of an issue to keep the Canadian stores anymore. They're not going out of business in the States.

I know when I'm working on my boat I want the part now. I don't want delays for an internet order when my boats all torn apart.

I only used Steveston marine when i HAD to.
the manager is a jerk and his son is a bigger jerk...
I have commie lics....so i go to Western Marine on Powell street.
they have it all for much much less than those other two places.
The prices have been going up and up every week for past couple yrs at Steveston Vancouver store.
Crazy prices. I wish Army and Navy would get into hardware and stainless...they sure are much cheaper than many of the
local gear stores and have a couple guys working there that know stuff....but old Nikka guys at PNT are the best for gear.
Pacific fasteners on 1st ave have quality stainless everything.

PNT Richmond has Brent Kondo there from Nikka..Brent ran the electronic div of Nikka...PNT is slow working into all the Lowrance GPS & Sounder products , radio's and all the hardware for that stuff at the store..give him a call and he should be able to help u out....:)

PNT Richmond has Brent Kondo there from Nikka..Brent ran the electronic div of Nikka...PNT is slow working into all the Lowrance GPS & Sounder products , radio's and all the hardware for that stuff at the store..give him a call and he should be able to help u out....:)
if you want boat parts Wolff Marine on Graybar Rd in Richmond is your best bet in this area

Back