We're doing alot of chirping.....

But whos still sending lettes and making a stink?

What exactly is our next course of action.

I've been sitting here sending letters, however, watching things unfold since sheas announcement, I have seen lots of comments, lots of different opinions, but no direction.

What IS the plan?

Lorne

I would love to know the plan and how I can help (let's not forget I am in Ottawa...right at the center of it!) if someone is willing to throw me a PM.

The trouble is that we have a wide open forum. Look at the trolls we have in residence. It makes no sense to give them or their masters the opportunity to "cork" our strategy before we can implement it. Email and PMs are the way to go. Worked well with the demonstration at Duncans office. The commercials didnt know about it so they didnt have an opportunity to disrupt it.

I would love to know the plan and how I can help (let's not forget I am in Ottawa...right at the center of it!) if someone is willing to throw me a PM.
Phone the local Conservative MP and tell him or her that the Halibut system has messed up your Holiday out west in Aug give him your address and number back their. Or better yet write a e-mail to the local paper

Hell hath no fury like a sports angler whose fishing rod has been ripped out of their cold wet hands.

Phone the local Conservative MP and tell him or her that the Halibut system has messed up your Holiday out west in Aug give him your address and number back their. Or better yet write a e-mail to the local paper

I go to school here, my MP is John Duncan. But I could fib a bit I guess.

The trouble is that we have a wide open forum. Look at the trolls we have in residence. It makes no sense to give them or their masters the opportunity to "cork" our strategy before we can implement it. Email and PMs are the way to go. Worked well with the demonstration at Duncans office. The commercials didnt know about it so they didnt have an opportunity to disrupt it.
What is the secret plan Cuba others would like to know???? I know a simple one like going after Pattison you shot down pretty quick I think we needed alot of press and the window opportunity is closing fast Momemtum is key here if anything will ever get done. I also believe hitting at all angles would have probably helped, more press the better. Heres hoping something happens soon. Good Job to the boys up North.. hope they know your secret plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to school here, my MP is John Duncan. But I could fib a bit I guess.

No point, I think the cat is out of the bag that your home riding is here. But since you are there why not see if you can make arrangments to drop around and have a talk with a few MP's or their staff. I am thinking Shea, Duncan, and the the fisheries critics for the Liberals and the NDP. Could also drop off a letter to the local paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the secret plan Cuba others would like to know???? I know a simple one like going after Pattison you shot down pretty quick I think we needed alot of press and the window opportunity is closing fast Momemtum is key here if anything will ever get done. I also believe hitting at all angles would have probably helped, more press the better. Heres hoping something happens soon. Good Job to the boys up North.. hope they know your secret plan.

I am not part of the Coalition Steering Committee (yes, there is one) so all I can tell you is that they are meeting and hopefully soon will give us an idea of where to next. But I am pretty sure it wont involve taking on Pattison. Ever heard of a SLAP suit????? But why wait for the Coalition? How about getting a delegation together and march down to your MLAs office and ask why the BC Tourism Ministry is not screaming at Ottawa about the harm that is being done to the BC Tourism Ministry? Thats just one idea, and I am sure if people take the initiative they can come up with more to keep the pot bubbling. Another thought-- if you have a business or are a guide that is being affected, get yourself invited into the next Chamber of Commerce and make a plea for their help lobbying the MP for your area..... lots of opportunities here.

Check out the thread on " The North " also check out the regularly updated facebook page for " halibut allocation" where lots of recent activity and coming activity is posted. We are going to be having a number of Town Hall meetings which are being requested from communities, these are the best tool we have at the moment, and locally based! The web site " www.bchalibut.org " and facebook are the best way to keep up to date.

Traveller.

Back