Well, this happened...

ExFlyGuy

This happened to us on August long weekend while we were getting set up at secret beach campground. I had the camper jacks on blocks and was getting ready to lower it down onto sawhorses when one of the jacks gave way(due to dry rot). Luckily my wife and kids were down at the beach and no one was hurt... with the help of some fellow campers we were able to right the camper and block it up fairly level and enjoy the remainder of the weekend ( everything in the camper was still operational). We contacted our insurance company from out on the water and they arranged to have the camper picked up by alberni towing the following week.

It turned out that the camper was a total write off and now we are back to the drawing board for what we are going to do next summer. I have been toying with the idea off getting another travel trailer and parking it at a place like poett nook or something similar(ideas are welcome)for the summer.

Having never been to poett nook I am looking for some feed back positive or negative, as well as how family friendly it is. I am already aware of the road in and the fact that you can't have a fire in your site.

IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2786.JPG

ouch, that sucks

Had this happen years ago, only mine nosed over onto the front corner. Insurance guy told me he had seen quite a few tip over, said a lot of the problems are caused by jacking one corner at a time than going to the next corner and jacking it. The camper gets racked and the jacks loosen and the framing gets all loose, then they leak and the dry root starts. Told us to get 2 jack handles and jack both sides at the same time and build saw horses the same height as the truck unloaded, that way your only jacking it a few inches each time. doesn't help when you want to drop it all the way to the ground. Guess that's why they have electric jacks now, can do all 4 corners at once. I feel your pain, hope it all works out for you.

Had this happen years ago, only mine nosed over onto the front corner. Insurance guy told me he had seen quite a few tip over, said a lot of the problems are caused by jacking one corner at a time than going to the next corner and jacking it. The camper gets racked and the jacks loosen and the framing gets all loose, then they leak and the dry root starts. Told us to get 2 jack handles and jack both sides at the same time and build saw horses the same height as the truck unloaded, that way your only jacking it a few inches each time. doesn't help when you want to drop it all the way to the ground. Guess that's why they have electric jacks now, can do all 4 corners at once. I feel your pain, hope it all works out for you.

Thanks Casper we got the check from the insurance company a couple weeks back so now we have to decide which direction we are going next summer.

Mine nosed over onto the front corner as well but my truck got in the way and knocked it onto its side...

Some one must have some thoughts on poets nook that they are willing to share...

Thanks Casper we got the check from the insurance company a couple weeks back so now we have to decide which direction we are going next summer.

Mine nosed over onto the front corner as well but my truck got in the way and knocked it onto its side...

Some one must have some thoughts on poets nook that they are willing to share...
Ask fog ducker he spends a shitload of time there

i believe there is a couple trailers (cheap for sale) and spots that they are on to rent.. i will ask a friend and pm.

Back