Weight center

Drewl

Where do you think the weight of a 23 Hourston hardtop with a 4.3 volvo is at center? I think I might have too much weight over the forward wheels of the trailer. I have room to go back 1.5 feet and if need be move the axles forward on the frame. Playing with a converted RR 6500 series that was rollers, now bunks. Thanks.

How much weight is at your tongue now? You should have about 400- 500 lbs.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Too much weight on the truck, hence the question. Where is center on the boat? I know I need 500 on the hitch and am trying to achieve that.

Take the boat with full tanks to a ready mix yard and weigh the boat with the tongue wheel down and truck off the scale, take all the weight off the truck. Now pull up the tongue jack-this will give you an accurate weight of the boat loaded and how much of that is on the tongue. The difference between the two. If too much is on the tongue slide your boggies forward -if not enough move back. Make sure the boat is loaded the way you travel with it. Do it again after the adjustment That way there is no guessing

Got ya spring fever. Now that I've got the boat where I want it on the trailer I can do that. Still trying to find weight center of the boat. I'll contact Hourston for that.
Thanks

Back