Water filtering funnels

gungadin

There seems to be several methods of filtering fuel before it gets to your outboard. I have found out that the old 21 micron filters are not up to snuff for the fuel injected models, so have changed out my old ones to 10 micron models. So between my fuel tank and my combustion chamber I now have 4 fuel filters, 2 in the boat (fuel filter/water separators) and two under the cowling. I get my fuel from different locations, depending on where I am, but usually in 25 litre plastic jerry cans that I use to transfer the fuel into the boat tanks. Am considering getting a funnel with a built in water/debris filter to use when transferring to the boat. The one that comes up most on google is called Mr. Funnel, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using them or another similar product.

I see that these are sold at Crappy Tire! I'm getting one for sure.

I tried it and it works but not 100%. It let through some water. I empty my fuel filter into a jar so I wanted to clean out the water and crap so I could reuse the fuel. Not sure what to do with that crappy jar of gas/water/debris.

Yes, it's there. I saw it online at CT first before I got it.

Back