Wanted Aluminum 18-19 Center Console by Cope

the fog ducker

Canada09057.jpg Fellas

so , a few of ya know im in the market for a " New to Me " winter boat , i had this 19 Cope Lodge boat in my sites , to be purchased from Qualicum Rivers Fishing Resorts this fall , Rob the owner of Qualicum Resorts , was gonna sell me one at the end of the season , , has since changed his mind , was pretty disappointed ,i really love the layout for our style of winter fishin out west , super wide 8 foot plus beam ,
im looking for something pretty much identical to this , ive looked at several others , slightly different , no hard tops , no console , NOT interested , here are some pics of what im lookin for ,
im on a budget of $25000 with power , ive found 115 4 stroke yami's used for around $5k ,
a good trailer and some basic gear for $10k ,
Rob was gonna sell me the boat hull for around $15k

here are some shots , i will bump this thread over the winter and add photos
please let me know if anyone knows of one i could see or purchase ,
thx in advance

Felixphoto-1.jpg

Last edited:
yes , should sell fast , but not quite what i want , little to funky for me lol...
18-19 single main , i will add a 4 stroke kicker , thx for the quick response ,
perhaps message me privately with links or info guys , with my luck some one else will jump on it before i get a chance !!
a little reward for anyone that hooks me up...

fd

i know bridgeview has a bunch in right now without the roofs but that's a pretty simple add on that can be fabricated up at a reasonable price the have big beams and high sides on them @the fog ducker

Those huge beam boats for there length might not be a great ride in the chop. Most of the New Zealand and Australia boats have more of a modest beam in that size range in there welded boats.

I appeciate the info guys ,i know the Cope design well , its what i really want , unless someone with hands on tells me different , its what im set on
bridgeview boats are great , but again not what im lookin for , i want the exact boat i posted , i know the cope boats fish offshore up at winter harbor , im sure they bang around as most aluminums do , but they dont break !! Mostly inshore use , nice solid stable platform exc freeboard , save my back with the high bench seat ,,,

Last edited:
hmmmm, i have a friend that has a 20' kellahan that is being ready to sell.. easy fab to add hardtop.. i will put out an ask...

As I said , he was selling a few off but has since changed his mind , does not want to sell them off anymore, so at the end of the day ,I am trying to find someone that has this exact same boat for sale , I am told that there has been a few made other than these at Qualicum Rivers Resort , i'm not in a huge panic but I'm hoping somebody on this forum might know of one that might be for sale , again thanks for all the recommendations on other types of boats but I really want this exact model , and if I cannot find a used one , throwing around the idea of having one made New !!

Last edited:
As I said , he was selling a few off but has since changed his mind , does not want to sell them off anymore, so at the end of the day ,I am trying to find someone that has this exact same boat for sale , I am told that there has been a few made other than these at Qualicum Rivers Resort , i'm not in a huge panic but I'm hoping somebody on this forum might know of one that might be for sale , again thanks for all the recommendations on other types of boats but I really want this exact model , and if I cannot find a used one , throwing around the idea of having one made New !!

Bruce still has that model in his design catalogue. If you want a quote to get a new one build I would talk to John at Aegir boats. He has build all the big Cope 26 walk arounds for Qualicum Rivers lately.

http://aegirboats.com/

Good luck man. I like your thinking for the winter rig :cool:.

Last edited:
Curious why you use a different boat for winter? I had my eye on those hulls from Qualicum Rivers also. Have you seen any of the youtube videos fishing out of them? I've seen a few vids where their hali fishing at anchor, and there's several inches of water sloshing around on the deck. Not sure what that's about. Seems like an awful lot of rain water for a self bailing hull. I don't have any first hand experience with them so take that with a grain of salt. Sweet looking boats though for sure. Good luck with your search.

There self bailing decks as my striper , ive had 8 inches of water fishin halli , back trolling into the waves , kind of freaky at first but doesn't worry me anymore , I'm gonna be using it mostly inshore , my area freezes in the winter at times , we get 1 to 2 inches of ice at times to break through in our lagoon , nook , , A fibreglass boat is not an option , unless you want to sink it ,, we also drive the boat up on the beaches In the winter often , i've honestly never ridden in one of these boats so I'm kind of winging it , love the wide platform and layout , i'm sure it's 10 times better than what we've been using for the past 10 years , hopefully someone steps forward and finds one for me soon

Last edited:
Looks like you could easily damage a graphite rod on the top the way it extends back over the deck so far. Could see someone backing up during netting and cranking it on edge. Not a big deal if aware of it, but could still see it easily happening

Back