Wanted 23'-26 boat

7Deuce

Well I sold my boat so I'm on the hunt for a new rig

Requirements:
  • 7500 lbs or less on the trailer with full fuel, water and gear, food etc
  • seating for at least 4 (wife and couple kids)
  • cuddy that sleeps 2 not huge adults (smaller cuddy is fine)
  • reasonably big fishing deck
  • Decent rough water boat with something like a 20 degree deadrise
  • something in between a big 22' or a small 26' should be the ticket.
  • 2000 or newer hull or the right deal on something relatively updated
My list of wants are:
  • self draining deck a huge plus
  • hard top or alaskan cabin a huge plus
  • huge preference to newer 4 stroke outboard(s)
  • 2008 or new power a huge plus
  • pump out ******* a huge plus
  • Lowrance HDS gen 2 or newer electronics package with radar. Auto pilot a giant plus
  • reasonable trailer
I've budgeted $50K for the new unit but it would need to be pretty much fishing ready and turn key and perfect (for me) or I'm willing to spend less and do a few things myself.

Boats I've considered:
  • 23-26 hourston (if I can find a decent one)
  • 24' Sea Ray Laguna or 240 SRV Hardtop (if I can find a decent one...)
  • Trophy 2359
  • Striper 2600 sport cabin
I generally like the Pursuits, Prolines and would consider a Grady or Wellcraft but they seem to either be too big or too small or too something. I feel like Goldilocks where nothing is juuuuuust right. Let me know if anyone is looking to sell the rig this spring. I'd like to have something in the water by June but I'm willing to wait forever to find the right boat for me.

I over invested in my last boat and it had drawbacks and trade offs that could never be changed so I'm being more careful at looking for something that will work better for me this time.

Cheers

I’ve got a 26 Hourston I’m considering selling. It’s an I/O 383 Merc mpi and bravo 3 x drive. Fully rebuilt boat in 2015 with all new power at that time and electronics. It has vesselview , fuel management, lowrance electronics . and a 15 ho kicker etc. Engine / leg has around 250 hrs. Call me if you are interested . It’s not listed anywhere but we’re building a house , another baby etc so rather than it sit I may let it go 250 735 1852

I’ve got a 26 Hourston I’m considering selling. It’s an I/O 383 Merc mpi and bravo 3 x drive. Fully rebuilt boat in 2015 with all new power at that time and electronics. It has vesselview , fuel management, lowrance electronics . and a 15 ho kicker etc. Engine / leg has around 250 hrs. Call me if you are interested . It’s not listed anywhere but we’re building a house , another baby etc so rather than it sit I may let it go 250 735 1852
I remember when you bought your boat back in 2016. She’s a beauty!! I’ll call you tomorrow

If you search on Vancouver Island Boats For Sale on facebook
20 February · Seaswirl Striper is the 2600 with new engines it's a steal.

I finally found the post and contacted the guy. Man I wish those pages displayed in chronological order? Facebook sould use all that private information they've been stealing about me to help me find the right boat! I've looked at another 2600 SC and they both were/are in the same situation - "new" motor and decent price. The problem is the guy wants to get his money back out of the "new" motor (rebuild or whatever). I would love to grab a boat like before the "new motor" goes in and pod and outboard it before there's so much money dumped into it!

http://www.baysidemarine.com/detail.cfm?ID=416345&V=2008 WELLCRAFT 210 Coastal

These guys get in some nice fish boats from time to time. They seem to flip inventory quick. This ones a large looking 21. They also have a few other nice rigs a bit over your target number, but it gives you some comparative perspective.

Thanks! that looks like a decent option and another good place to watch. I'm often in Washington for work so getting down there isn't too hard for me. I've yet to find a really good deal that down south that isn't comparable to what we see in Canada with a 1.29 exchange coming north. and I don't feel totally confident in the import process so I need to educate myself a bit more first. I'm guessing importing isn't too hard but I need to have my ducks in a row first.

Importing is a snap if you have all your paperwork in order before you hit customs. Took me 20 minutes to get through with my Striper a few years ago. There's several threads here on the process.

On buying in the US, You also lose on the exchange when you exchange, even if you have a good bank and don't forget to get the seller to send you pictures of the VIN and Tire plates of the trailer in advance. Anything older then 8 years is likely to have faded or "unreadable" vin sticker. CBSA, RIV and ICBC are doing their best to stop all the trailer fraud so expect to waste lots of time if you go to the us dealing with our own government.

Thanks! that looks like a decent option and another good place to watch. I'm often in Washington for work so getting down there isn't too hard for me. I've yet to find a really good deal that down south that isn't comparable to what we see in Canada with a 1.29 exchange coming north. and I don't feel totally confident in the import process so I need to educate myself a bit more first. I'm guessing importing isn't too hard but I need to have my ducks in a row first.

I’ve done it 3 times on my own. It’s not complicated at all. Don’t discount the US as your options grow 100 times the Canadian market.

Maybe I should ask for the opinion of the audience on this one. I've looked at that ad all winter long and the fact that it hasn't sold says something. I know that boat is a very solid contender compared to what else is out there now but I just have a hard time with the value.

Tell me I'm wrong...

The value of that 300 is approx $15-20K (it is fully rigged and still has warranty)
The value of the kicker is $2-3K
the value of the trailer $4-5K

That makes the value of the hull and the electronics 17-24K which seems a bit steep for the age of the hull. I don't love the low gunnel height and railing situation on that boat but it checks almost every other box for me.

What does the almighty Sportfishing community think about the value of that boat?

Back