VOTING LIBERAL?

Agreed!

You know you're in trouble when all we have to chose from is bad... or worse.

Just look deep into Gordo's eye's----The man's a PSYCOPATH on the loose!! It would be nice if he wasn't around when the ill-fated olympic's opened up!!! Video needs more exposure-- People don't know!! People that support him don't even know!!!!!

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

A vote for the Greens is a wasted vote.

They will never form a Government and could very well bog-down parliament more than it already is.

I agree with you - one look into Campbell's eyes - and it's clear to me that his 'ceiling-fan is missing a paddle.'

Than said, a look at the Green-lady and I'm instantly reminded of Mrs. Hindmarch: my Grade 1 teacher (1962) who gave me the strap (for stealing her watch)...

I digress.

Hey Little Hawk , the same could be said for the NDP :D.

Just look into Carole James eyes. What do you see ? the back side of her head !!!

Hey Beemer;

What I see in Carole is a lady who knows all too well - considering the bad-taste the NDP left in our mouths - that if she's elected (and I'm the first to admit that's a pretty big IF) she'll get one four-year kick at the cat to make it stick, otherwise - BOOT!

I maintain, Gordy don't care about what's truly important to British Columbian's and he sorely needs a time-out.

People come from around the Globe to see and share in what he's prepared to compromise and give away...

Is this who we want representing us?
VERNON – Premier Gordon Campbell tossed a loonie at a striking ambulance paramedic Wednesday and told him “here, don’t spend it all in one place.” The unidentified paramedic answered “thanks a lot, that’s half an hour’s pay for me.” BC Ambulance Paramedics get only $2/hr for on-call standby.

The remarks came after paramedics confronted Campbell outside a BC Liberal candidate’s office in Vernon with questions about their meager pay rates. Campbell has said they are “already well paid.…” Paramedics have been showing up wherever Campbell goes to push for government action to get a mediator and return to the bargaining table.

Paramedics say they feel a growing lack of respect from the government and while Campbell claimed he has “been meeting with paramedics all over the province,” they were barred from protesting outside the Kelowna hotel where a Liberal rally was held Wednesday evening.

The 3,500 paramedics, members of CUPE 873, have been calling on the BC government to deal with the “critical condition” of the ambulance service. They have been on strike since April 1 for improved staffing levels and better response times, wage parity with other emergency responders in B.C. and a multi-year contract for stability and public confidence.

A meeting yesterday of Health Services Minister George Abbott and Ambulance Paramedics of BC president John Strohmaier yielded few new results. Strohmaier reported that the minister still refused to discuss specific monetary issues and continues to drag his feet on a mediator. “There seems no question that this dispute will end up in arbitration before it is settled,” Strohmaier said, adding “the sooner we begin the process the better - for the public and for our members.”

I was so impressed with this fellow's (Tor) post from another forum I was compelled to copy it here:

Yeah, the NDP have the fast ferries. The Liberals are still building their legacies....In the years to come we'll remember;

The Convention Centre cost and 'overrun' which is now near a mere billion dollars.

Some of the additional Olympic costs. We were told our share of security would be about $150,000,000. It will be closer to $700,000,000. The difference would build a lot of fast ferries.....

We've gone through three provincial auditors in five years. The first two were let go because they kept insisting that money spent ought to be accounted for. Imagine that!
The new guy they brought in from Australia won't last either. He keeps saying the same thing his predecessors did.

The BC Rail deal debt writeoff for CN which the province guaranteed. It increases at 10.8% per year. It was $250,000,000 at the time of the deal. It is now $500,000,000.

The shutting down of facilities to deal with mentally handicapped. Most of them are now out on the street and the Vancouver area police have become their caretakers. Instead of real law enforcement, sixty percent of their police work now is dealing with people who used to be in care.

The systematic and callous dismantling of services for children despite paying public lip service to supporting children's needs. In the last five years they have been savaged by a special inquiry and two auditor's reports, yet have continued to cut. And we wonder why youngsters join gangs as they grow up.

The sale of infrastructure to US companies - govt. data processing to Accenture, and pipelines to Kinder Morgan. Next in line, BC Hydro?

The business model for Run of Rivers is predicated on private developers (primarily US companies) developing the sites and selling 70% of the hydro to the US market. The rest will be sold to us at the US rates which are currently 25% higher than ours. But NAFTA rules will kick in and we will then share the rights to our water with US companies. The ultimate irony here - California the preferred market for this power has just passed legislation banning the import of hydro generated by the very Run Of River projects developed at the Liberals behest. The reason - the power is too 'dirty' with too much environmental impact.

I don't even want to bring up forestry, or what this forum is about, fish. We all know where those industries have gone in the last eight years.

Oh yes. We'll have lots to remember.

Tor

Yup that's what you guys need !! vote the NDP back in,, heck they put you guys in a heck of a place the first go round might as well do er again !!!

Heck I'll be ready to buy my retirement property out there in a couple years,, a depressed economy and social programs out the yang is just what I need..

Thx

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Vote for your choice, but vote Yes for the STV.
A chance to change the voting system in a small but significant way that may allow representation from the smaller wings (Green) and a move away from landslides by minority (by which I mean a party that only captures 38-42% of the popular vote) parties.
Thank you for considering a vote for positive change.

Hey walleyes your conservatives in Alberta aren't much better , when Lougheed was Premier each Albertan got $16 per barrel out of the ground ; after Klein each Albertan gets about $1.65 out of the ground into the legacy fund ............ good deal huh ?
So I don't think you have any room to slam our politics , I never interfere in someone elses Provincial issues as I do not follow their peculiarities in politics closely enough to comment on to not give offence to those who do.
Apparently from your comments you do not believe in social programs of any kind eh ? , survival of the fittest etc ? no conscience ? I will stay out of your Provincial issues please have the courtesy to stay out of mine !

AL

Right now in this country we all profess to love all our parties are prepared to sell us out to the highest bidder !
We no longer control our forests , rivers or land , and no party in this country is prepared or has the guts to stand up and defend it !
So I say to you scream into the wind because that is all the response you will get , and I will see you on the lakes fishing for what they care to leave us because there will be nothing left in the oceans and serengeti guide will have to find amusement with his Liberals elsewhere!

AL

BC Vote, 5th May 2009

On May 12 - vote out Gordon Campbell and BC Liberals
Time to get rid of Gordon Campbell & BC Liberals

Bill Tieleman

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.

- Oscar Wilde

On May 12, it’s time to get rid of Premier Gordon Campbell and the B.C. Liberal government – and the reasons are plentiful and obvious.

Under Campbell British Columbia has had the highest rate of child poverty in Canada for five years straight, with the most recent data putting it at 22%.

B.C. now leads the country in job losses and B.C.’s economy in 2008 actually shrank, while Canada’s grew.

The broken promise not to sell B.C. Rail turned into the biggest political scandal this province has seen in years as we learn new information constantly.

Former B.C. Liberal election campaign co-chair Patrick Kinsella paid $297,000 by B.C. Rail for “business advice” with payments continuing even after CN Rail paid $1 billion for its main operations.

Allegations of political dirty tricks coordinated out of the premier’s office. B.C. Liberal-connected lobbyists turned star Crown witnesses against two ministerial aides – David Basi and Bob Virk – and despite allegations lobbyists bribed to the accused, they face no charges.

Radical fish farm expansion despite massive evidence from Alexandra Morton that sea lice breed in the farms and destroy wild salmon.

Encouraging private power corporations to devastate rivers across B.C. while forcing B.C. Hydro to buy expensive electricity from them but not compete with cheaper projects.

B.C. Liberals continue to push for dangerous offshore oil and gas exploration and provide hundreds of millions in tax breaks for big oil companies while claiming to be “green”.

The unfair Campbell carbon tax that especially hurts lower income and rural British Columbians while doing nothing to reduce consumption.

Campbell’s refusal to increase the minimum wage in eight years, leaving over 250,000 workers making less than poverty line incomes.

Failure to improve health care despite spending billions or adequately fund education.

Giving away taxpayer dollars to expensive P3s or private-public-partnerships from hospitals to bridges despite evidence the cost of privatization exceeds keeping it public.

Cost overruns of $388 million on the out of control Vancouver Convention Centre.

Their refusal to compensate small businesses on Cambie and Granville Streets for the devastation caused by Canada Line construction.

The B.C. Liberals phony 2009 budget which underestimates the deficit by at least $1 billion, meaning major service cuts if re-elected.

B.C. Liberal candidates under investigation – like John Les, the former solicitor-general from Chilliwack, losing their drivers’ licenses for excessive speeding – like John van Dongen, the former solicitor-general from Abbotsford, losing their license for drinking and driving – like candidate Jessie McClinton in Victoria, or just being intolerant of ***ual orientation – like candidate Marc Dalton in Maple Ridge-Mission.

After this election voters face either more of the same bad Gordon Campbell B.C. Liberal record or a welcome change under New Democratic Party leader Carole James.

The Green Party can’t elect a single MLA, but could keep Campbell in power with vote splitting.

The choice on May 12 is obvious.

http://www.bcvote.ca/?p=4054

New Documentary Preview / Vote to Protect Wild Salmon on May 12

Save Our Rivers Society and Watershed Watch Salmon Society are pleased to present this 3 minute preview of an upcoming documentary on the weight of scientific evidence against open-cage salmon farming.

http://saveourrivers.ca/video-library-mainmenu-29/367-vote-to-protect-wild-salmon

Over the past several months producer Damien Gillis has been traveling up and down the coast, interviewing some of Canada's top fish biologists to share with the public the enormous threats to wild salmon from industrial feedlots jamming our ecologically sensitive coastal waters. Experts such as Alexandra Morton, Otto Langer, Drs. John Volpe, Gordon Hartman, and Craig Orr, First Nations leaders and eco-tourism operators all voiced their grave concerns about the industry - and our governments' failure to protect wild salmon from sea lice and myriad other impacts from farms. The video is a reminder of the importance of our upcoming election on May 12 - an opportunity for all British Columbians to vote to protect wild salmon. We need to send a clear message that open-cage salmon farming cannot be allowed to continue killing wild salmon, the lynchpin of our ecosystems, coastal economies and communities.

Please share widely and watch for the full-length documentary coming soon.

Authorized by Save Our Rivers Society, registered under the BC Election Act (866) 392-7458

By this time tomarrow we'll see if British Columbians are willing to part ways with Wild Salmon and thier Rivers. I sure hope not!!!

By the way, how could "Any" damming of a river not be seen as an infringement of Aboriginal Rights?

Take only what you need.

Back