Visitor to Fort Langley seeking fishing info

N

nick_gilbert

Hi all

I just stumbled across this website and am hoping it will be usedfull.

I am staying in Fort Langley till the 17th of this month and was interested in fishing the river at the end of Glover Road, ive not seen anybody fishing, I understand I need to buy a saltwater permit.

What am I likely to catch, and what method do you recommend?

Also is there anywhere else I could try, I have been told there is a lake in the grounds of a college nearby?

Im not fussed what I catch and was not going to take any fish just put back anything I catch.

JUst to add I do have some UK style fishing gear with me so was hoping to try this out.

Hope somebody can help me?

If im not mistaken the lower fraser is closed from september 9th- october 11th.You might have to head up to Gill road in Chilliwack..or anywhere on the eastside of the cpr train bridge in mission.

Nick find a gravel bar on the river,try to find a deep eddy about 5-8ft,toss small pink and white spoons about 1 inch long and enough lead to tap bottom,you will catch pinks.Go with green for springs,i like dick nites.release all sockeye, keep 2 pinks and or 1 spring.

thanks the runt

thanks runt. I will try that method.

There is a big eddy formed by bridge support at the end of the road where I am staying is this worth a go? I did see the odd fish jumping mid river but it was too far to cast to.

I did manage to catch a few small fish yesterday evening about 8-10 inches long I am guessing they are young salmon, they took worms.

Back