Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out around 1030 this morn another windy day,i couldn't get my anchor to stick so i put 1 rod down while we waited to stick and holycrap we got one rite away the anchor didn't hook up so we pulled it and decided to just do a straight drift and wammo fish #2 and back to the dock.
Both fish were on herring and not big bookend 30lbrs.

bananas did you get my email?

img3937n.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Roe Bags

Herd 3 guys in a double eagle slammed em today. 8 on 5 landed? :D:D

Pass the Pack

3 guys - 8 on 5 landed - salmon right? If hali how many gaffed, bonked and put in the fishbox?

Gov

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Guess u can read the post Gov again. 5 landed doesn't mean 5 kept, couple were ping pong paddles and went for a swim back down. 3 were kept up to 50lbs, good thing for the internet police. Just like Anderson Cooper, ur " keepin em honest ":D

Pass the Pack

quote:Originally posted by Roe Bags

Guess u can read the post Gov again. 5 landed doesn't mean 5 kept, couple were ping pong paddles and went for a swim back down. 3 were kept up to 50lbs, good thing for the internet police. Just like Anderson Cooper, ur " keepin em honest ":D

Pass the Pack

I am :D too! Good on you 3 upto 50 is a nice catch. Truly though, way better that you clarify "landed" for the world to see, rather than have a bunch of anti-recreational fishing interests read this site and point fingers at those "out of control sporties" will even break the law to the world out there.

With tongue in cheek - Bit of a low blow comparing my last post to the CNN Obama Entertainment Network (a place in my opinion void of unbias news but teeming with highly opinionated sensationalism) [:0][:p]

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

Out today east constance--three of us--two hali's 40 and 30. Real nice water today--running a bit, but could keep the gear on the bottom.

Pretty scratchy over the last few days,big tides that i didnt expect.
a couple of skates and a 35lb halibut ...
anybody eat skate ?

Worked Conny Sat and Sun morning with the Rock and picked up 2 butts on Saturday and 1 on Sunday up to 40lbs. Herring & Octo. Saw a couple others caught but overall it was a little slow out there. Good to be back on the water, weather was great and had a grey whale feeding around us on Sunday morning.

Worked Conny Sat and Sun morning with the Rock and picked up 2 butts on Saturday and 1 on Sunday up to 40lbs. Herring & Octo. Saw a couple others caught but overall it was a little slow out there. Good to be back on the water, weather was great and had a grey whale feeding around us on Sunday morning.

Went out for a nice morning blew up a little for a hour then calmed back down and was nice day on the water. Got 2 in the box 34 and 42lbs and packed her up around 1 when it started to rip. Beautiful day on the chuck!

it was a tad lumpy for most of the day but fishing was decent we got 4 in the boat all 40-45lbs boarder bank on octi.

Has anyone been doin much towards Oak Bay. Border sounds very tempting but my boat is small and tomorrow has turned into a family event so she's right full - I'd rather stay a little closer.

Anyways, I'll either fish the flats-ish or east constance if I'm feeling bold - will post results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back