Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some charts show some good detail, hit the contour slopes toward Port Angelas, don't just target the flats, the rattys will eat you up and you be outta bait fast.

Nice day out for a change, started out poorly by losing
anchor due to a poor set in a 3.5 kt tide & had to wait 2 hours for the retrieve [V]
Finally we got set up & my partner hooked a good one after a long wait only to lose it to a line break.
ended up with a chicken in the boat about 27 lbs, herring at 180' :)

I may be wrong but I believe Border Bank is referred as Coyote Bank on some charts.

... Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Scott why would you try and anchor in that kind of current????? a halibut is not worth it... imao.
Last year there was someone on here who posted a video showing just that and a lot of people includining my self told the guy he was crazy doing so. Please everyone be carefull when you anchor if the current is going fast dont do it a halibut is not worth losing your boat or your life.

Wolf

We didn't check our drift speed Roy, thought we were near the end of the ebb and didn't think the current would be running that hard. Won't make that mistake again.

hey Scott , I was in the striper near you on Sunday. That was a crazy current it was not even close to the tables.One hali lost ,none in the boat.

Here's my first go at the pic thing.
Mar2010049.jpg

Mar2010046.jpg

Mar2010023.jpg

What a beauty day on the pond today fished salmon off cony this morn
dragged up a 30lb haly rite off get go then we got into some decent springs managed 4 hatch jobs the largest 18lbs lost another around the same size and got sealed as well.

Strip rite on the bottom was the best today.

Went out today for the first time since last September. Fished off Clover Point and Ross Bay. Lost a nice one to a seal about a half hour after low slack and landed a 6 1/4 hatchery spring about an hour and a half later. Jellyfish squirt at 120 feet. Crazy tidal action and lots of crap in the water. One other boat out and saw them catch and release about a 15 lb wild spring just before low slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back