Victoria Spring, and Halibut Summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

porcupine

This thread is open for 2010 Spring/Summer fishing reports covering the waters from Cadboro Point to Albert Head.

haly fished this morning a little cold and windy but the fishing was fantastic off the water by 11 and had 8 to the boat,nothing big 25-40lbs. Off boarder bank.

Another wicked awsome day flat water for once,almost had trouble standing without 3 or 4 fters tossing the boat.We had our first rod in the water by 730 and were limited with 5 fish up to 50lbs by 930.
250ft of water off border bank on octi,herring and salmon bellies.

aren't these reports usually about salmon fishing?

there is a hali thread somewhere i thought...

(bad day at work)

Holy Crap there is some grumpy f@##$ on this site lately did not see anywhere where it said salmon only did you.

quote:Originally posted by bananas

Holy Crap there is some grumpy f@##$ on this site lately did not see anywhere where it said salmon only did you.

This thread is open for 2010 Spring/Summer fishing reports.. spring is a salmon bananas ;) hahaha

Post away bananas, I haven't made it out in quite some time because of school, but I enjoy hearing about how good it is, especially since classes are done April 9th.

Hey bannanas just curious where you buy octo? Whenever i get them in prawn traps i always think maybe i should keep em for hali.

Nothing out there!!!!! stay home not a good time to be on the water no fish etc.
Hows that Trev maybe we will be left alone now. LOL LOL

Sorry if thats not a good enough report the only way the fishing is good is if you go out a "JUST DO IT" like tiger does.

Wolf

all the tackle stores on the south island sell it i find the trick is to find the big tenticles.

Two today east side Constance this morning, 40 and 23. Real nice day. Anyone tried squid tentacles? I kept a Humboldt from last year but haven't tried it yet.

Looks good on ya Trev, keep up the good work. 50lb is a real nice fish, caught on the right stuff too.[:p] I sold the boat last weekend so it will be a while before I'm underway and gettin in the way(LOL....Roy):D Keep on posting PLEASE because it really helps to read them after a long day. Being a wannabe fisher while at our job. I know I'm not the only one, lurking/part time poster but regulary check. I don't care if your a little off topic its just nice to know someone's enjoying it:D Rock on Hali >>)))):mad:$$

if you look at the last few years of these reports they are all salmon focused. you can go back and check for yourselves.

i personally thought it made good sense to have the two seperate reports for each targeted species.

i even made a joke about saying i was being a bit picky (e.g. bad day at work), but some of you still felt the need to criticize me for doing so.

whatever.

Likwit,

You are correct, we did have separate reports for salmon & halibut last year.
So the question is, do we need to separate them and have a thread for each ?

As long as it is local and accurate I dont care if you post your reports for salmon and hali. Participation is the key. Cut the red tape and lets get fishin and postin.

I might have to play hookie tomorrow am. Wind is looking good. Not so good for the rest of the weekend.

Ah... common Kelly, are you sure “Victoria” should even be included in a “Saltwater Fishing Forum“? I hear there might be a question as to amount of “salt” verses “other” content of those waters? Including Victoria – could bring you a lot of “crap”! :D

Yes... this is a joke! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back