Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Keep the flag,it might come in handy if you swing over to the wrong end of Border Bank! BTW :cool: ride,do you need any help breaking it in?

Boomer, how's the fishing? I haven't been out yet busy with the little one. We just bought a new boat, Come's fully loaded everything but the american flag. See you on the water next week.

Congrats on the new boat. Nice ride:cool:.

Boomer, how's the fishing? I haven't been out yet busy with the little one. We just bought a new boat, Come's fully loaded everything but the american flag. See you on the water next week.
Nice boat Fishing been great ,on the bank bounce the bottom with the gear ,uv pink strip squits,tiny bait trick ,and small spoons work,.I like using uv squits near the bottom boated two hallys this way 25,35 in a few trips. You never know when but a great day when you get a hally while fishing for salmon.The tides will be great next week for hally ,salmon belly,hally skin,mackel are the best bait in all spot.

went out to constance bank on saturday and we caught a 20lb and a 50lb hali,weather was nice out there too,got 2 nice dungy's from the inner harbour,went out again on sunday with the rook and he caught a nice 50 lb hali,and we got 7 nice dungy's,it was a rough ride out there in the early morning but we managed to get anchored up and caught the hali at about 10 am,,that's 4 hali's this year for the rook and i have yet to get a sniff,,my turn will come,,

Funny how that works, last year my partner hooked almost all the Halibut we caught.
This year it seems to be my turn, 5 for 7 (trips) so far @ 104, 42, 24, 22, 20 lbs.
good luck to all !

rook,remember last year,,we caught 5 hali's all year and i caught them all,,funny how that works,,it all evens out in the long run,,the hali gods are just toying with me till i catch the monster,,haha

actually,if i remember correctly it was last chance who told me on these threads where to fish for the hali's ,,and it is working,,,thanks last chance,,i owe you

Craven and others do you usually go back to the same Hali spot each time if you had success there before or do you spread it around? I had great success (70 and 20lbr) on the first day out this yead but have gone 0 for 3 since then. Been fishing some known spots with herring, salmon, maceral, etc. it's hard to pinpoint what could be wrong and it's a bit frustating having to wait a couple of weeks for good tides to try again.

Yes, we frequent the same spot which has produced well.
sometimes weather and tides force you to explore another area
which can unexpectedly produce a new favorite.

Yes, we frequent the same spot which has produced well.
sometimes weather and tides force you to explore another area
which can unexpectedly produce a new favorite.

Ya same here, I definitely have a spot thats produced every time I've fished it but sometimes somebody else was a little quicker getting there or like Craven said conditions dictate where you fish.

Craven and others do you usually go back to the same Hali spot each time if you had success there before or do you spread it around? I had great success (70 and 20lbr) on the first day out this yead but have gone 0 for 3 since then. Been fishing some known spots with herring, salmon, maceral, etc. it's hard to pinpoint what could be wrong and it's a bit frustating having to wait a couple of weeks for good tides to try again.
Try your spot on those quick changing tides you may be a better bite short can be very good.

Pretty nice day on the water today. Went to Constance bank to fish for salmon. Got 2 hatchery springs @ 70'. Both 8lb's.
542130_10151545337170133_630230132_23748667_1820719791_n.jpg

Pesto Penne with Salmon for dinner.........
536105_10151545341755133_630230132_23748705_1410601136_n.jpg

Got out today with Newfieboy in his recently acquired 24.5 Robalo. First time for me in it. A beautiful boat in like new condition with twin 200 Mercs. We went to Constance for Chinook and spent a lot of time with his new electronics but still had three strikes, then hooked up a good heavy fish that stayed down and did some runs before shaking the hook and finally got a keeper around 7 lbs a little under slot size, - on chovies.

Also saw Bees2 hook up one right beside us only to get sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back