Victoria 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little late report but I thought better than nothing. Went out with kayladog on Fri before the storms and tried Constance for a while - nothing, neither deep nor shallow. Flew over to Oak Bay where the waves stacked up - toughed it out for an hours or so with no action at all. Couple Orcas showed up there - wondering if they spooked the fish but maybe they were transients as we didn't see a seal anywhere. On the way home to Esquimalt we stopped at the breakwater for a couple rounds and hooked 2 nice winters within 20 minutes, 10 and 8#. One on bait and one on hardware. Could have saved us a lot of gas and time had we started there...lol

Went out for slack at constance yesterday to work on my tan. I love Victoria. Tshirt and jeans fishing in the last week of November. I was running to the west end on the way in and was staying clear of the pack when the boat closest to us got one on. I killed the throttle, dropped the lines and got some dinner within the first 3 minutes. Then it was just clearing the lines of lingcod and having lunch for the next couple of hours.

Any luck Craven? I saw the new wheels at the ramp.

Went out for slack at constance yesterday to work on my tan. I love Victoria. Tshirt and jeans fishing in the last week of November. I was running to the west end on the way in and was staying clear of the pack when the boat closest to us got one on. I killed the throttle, dropped the lines and got some dinner within the first 3 minutes. Then it was just clearing the lines of lingcod and having lunch for the next couple of hours.

Any luck Craven? I saw the new wheels at the ramp.

We had 7 fish to the boat today, bonked a couple around 8 lbs and released
the rest (between 4-6 lbs.)
water was a little rough to start, but settled down after the ebb started.

Shut the F up Choas. Pretty green birch behind you. Even if it was recent wtf you want. A reaction? So u slayed a couple Hali's supposedly out of season. Your a rebel. Certainly without a cause. One mans stupidity isn't going to change a community's moral compass. Thank god for that. Whatevs....

Good job Craven. Nice to hear you had more action.

Weather looks good this weekend. Has anyone been out?

I wonder if anyone will be able to get out today with this calm weather? "Sorry dear, can't buy your present yet, gotta hit those winters with the flyrod and coho killer." "FINE. TAKE YOUR PILLOW, CAUSE YOU ARE NOT SLEEPING HERE TONIGHT...YOU WILL BE SLEEPING WITH THE FISH". LOL.

Seriously though, the weather will be good for the rest of the week boxing day on. Has anyone been lucky enough to not be busy when it has been calm lately off of Victoria?

Fished the flats 10:30 to 1:30 , 5 - Springs all released but one about 8 lbs
the others were 4-5 lbs
spoons on the bottom.

I went out a couple times over the last few days.

Saturday, Saanich Inlet Prawning and Winter Spring fishing combo....did pretty good on the prawns with a couple hundred good size ones for the freezer. As for the springs...had lots(about 6) of shakers between Wain Rock and Pat Bay. Got one on and lost near the boat that would have likely been over 10lb judging by the couple runs and good fight, which I was not expecting at all. I only got one glimpse at the surface and then it vanished. I saw one guy back at the boat launch who picked up a nice 10lb spring.

Monday Clover Point to Ogden - 11-1. Had a couple shakers and a couple on that were decent size....I couldn't tell how decent....but the seal seemed to enjoy them. It was a great, glassy day on the water.

And now I am freezing my butt off in minus 20 in Calgary with my wifes family for the week. It makes me appreciate what we have out on the coast!

Merry Xmas to all.

So more fish for Cravens wife...again..same old xmas present.LOL. Thanks for the updates. Sounds like Andrew got his fishing time in and needs to hit Lake Louise or Sunshine for some skiing when he's out there.

Lots of action out on the bank this morning. Lots of smaller springs and a few nicer ones as well. Today we couldn't keep the nicer ones from getting off, including a couple of broken leaders. (using light leaders because of the seals) Seals got a couple but they were borderline keepers anyway. Action lasted all morning. Anchovy in glow heads.

Forgot to mention that we saw 3 killer whales a little NW of the bank on the way out. Was hoping they would come over to the sweet spot on the bank and clean out the seals that hang there.

Lots of action out on the bank this morning. Lots of smaller springs and a few nicer ones as well. Today we couldn't keep the nicer ones from getting off, including a couple of broken leaders. (using light leaders because of the seals) Seals got a couple but they were borderline keepers anyway. Action lasted all morning. Anchovy in glow heads.

Thanks for the report R. Got off my fat butt and gave Conny a go this morning and went 4 for 6 in short order. Quite a few boats out there and didn't see a seal. Got there around 10 so assume they had eatten by then.

All hatch jobs with tiny herring in them...talking only an inch or 2 long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back