Vancouver Saltchuck?

Wow, Brisco, good work! I had a great morning, boating a 17# white about a mile off the slash on the turn - 66' on an old #5 Diamond Lance. PM headed your way.

We hit 3 fish at the north end of Bowen. Two were on choives at 100ft and one at 70 on Gibbs Flaming Finny with a flasher. One other good hit. All the action came between 12 and 1.

We hit 3 fish at the north end of Bowen. Two were on choives at 100ft and one at 70 on Gibbs Flaming Finny with a flasher. One other good hit. All the action came between 12 and 1.

PM sent. [8D]
Good work!

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

PM sent. [8D]
Good work!

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Did anyone else see the porposes ? There looked to be about 50 or more. The fins on 2 of my fish looked like they were chewed on. One last thing, did anyone else hear the coast guard on 16 advising of a lost torpedo? They were describing it as 6 feet long, silver with a red or orange band. They said it would be floating [:0]

Did anyone else see the porposes ? There looked to be about 50 or more. The fins on 2 of my fish looked like they were chewed on. One last thing, did anyone else hear the coast guard on 16 advising of a lost torpedo? They were describing it as 6 feet long, silver with a red or orange band. They said it would be floating [:0]

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

enjoy those early fraser fish boys - won't be long before they put the clamp on that area too :(.

They're not early Fraser fish we're catching--we're fishing miles from the closures-- in waters that early Fraser fish don't frequent. We're catching Washington/Oregon fish and Squamish Run fish.

Vancouver is having a late winter spring fishery not seen in years with an exceptional quality/quantity of fish.

Vancouver anglers get on the boards, post about the great fishing and their success and suddenly the Vancouver Island fishers from ECVI and WCVI are calling foul and making it out like we're the scourge of the earth. At least that may be what your implication is Poppa Swiss? Perhaps?

FYI, the busiest day I have seen locally this year was 18 boats engaged in fishing. Yes, that's right. For a point of reference, if this were just 4 short years ago, we'd have 60 boats fishing on a given day on the weekend.

quote:

Vancouver anglers get on the boards, post about the great fishing and their success and suddenly the Vancouver Island fishers from ECVI and WCVI are calling foul and making it out like we're the scourge of the earth.

Were actually having a meeting on the island this weekend to discuss you vancouver dirtballs catching salmon. Were not going to stand for it let me tell you that. Ive made a few calls to dfo trying to shut you down so has many other island fisherman.

I lived in Vancouver most of my life. Fishing the Fraser mouth, cap and bowen often. Did many trips to the island and had some awesome fishing. Now that I live here, I now realize how poor it has been for the last 2 years, maybe 3 if they predict this is the worst year to come. The fact is, Vancouver always gets consistent catches in th 8- 10 lb range, I had a few 20-25 ers during runs, but now that the island is poor, it makes Vancouver look excellent... and this is not good, since vancouver is always just Fair.

quote:Originally posted by kelly

quote:

Vancouver anglers get on the boards, post about the great fishing and their success and suddenly the Vancouver Island fishers from ECVI and WCVI are calling foul and making it out like we're the scourge of the earth.

Were actually having a meeting on the island this weekend to discuss you vancouver dirtballs catching salmon. Were not going to stand for it let me tell you that. Ive made a few calls to dfo trying to shut you down so has many other island fisherman.

That's good Kelly. You guys go ahead and have your meeting, complain, etc etc etc.

Actually it was a complete joke why would we have meetings because you guys are catching fish and try to close it?. I posted it because your post about vancouver island anglers viewing you guys as the scrouge of the earth because you are catching fish is a complete joke.

What are you talking about? its great to see an area producing fish and to read the reports. One person questions where the fish originate and you decide the islands out to get you? haha

FM you deleted your page long post about how island fisherman are against you guys?

I'm beginning to wonder if that torpedo was really lost or fired at us out of Nannose. We don't want no trouble from you Island Homies,fish in your own hood.

The DFO uses return head info,better hope they are fish other than the Fraser stock,ie:squamish,seymour,indian,and U.S.bound.I too miss fishing winter springs over there...always did well over there,lots of them!:)

Why is this happening? Bruizer is sending in the heads and we have an American saying the fish are Fraser fish. I think F.M. may have a point here saying people are out to screw up our fishery. Yeah, D.F.O. will do a good job I'm sure. They'll shut us down so the snaggers on the river can have a few more fish. What a joke.

I just heard on the radio that there is a drift net opening today for the natives.Are these early fish or maybe they are real late from last year? :(

Back