Vancouver Saltchuck?

cohochinook

Planning to fish Sechelt area Thursday and Friday, but thinking of maybe doing Vancouver Saltchuck on Friday. Any reports?

Thanks in advance:D

CohoChinook...

Scroll down to the bottom of this thread for some of the latest.

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12084.0

Bonnie Lee has been reporting good catches in English Bay as has Bon Chovy.

I heard that this past weekend that Grace produced a couple of fish for the two boats which were there. They moved over from the Waterfall after drawing blanks I heard.

http://www.sewellsmarina.com/fishreport.html

Tight lines and Good Fishing and let us know how you make out.

[^]

I did speak with a friend who got one legal fish, lost one and had a undersize at Grace. We'll see what's happening up by Secret Cove on Thursday, if it's slow I'll probably hit Grace or Hutt.

Went out on Friday. We got a 18 pound hatchery red off the waterfall at Bowen, on a charteuse gypsy at 170 feet above a flasher/anchoive at 190. We got the fish at 1:30 PM.

I saw another fisherman at the Gibson marina with about a 14 pound fish from Grace I believe.

Anyone fish this weekend?

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Went out on Friday. We got a 18 pound hatchery red off the waterfall at Bowen, on a charteuse gypsy at 170 feet above a flasher/anchoive at 190. We got the fish at 1:30 PM.

I saw another fisherman at the Gibson marina with about a 14 pound fish from Grace I believe.

Anyone fish this weekend?

I picked up a 15.5 lber Hatchery White off Cowan at 92 feet yesterday morning. Chartreuse Hot Spot and a small Flamin' Finney. Had a shot at a much larger fish offshore off Roger Curtis at 65 feet on Green Spackleback while fishing the tidelines but it came undone on the 2nd run. Guess I only had one hook in 'em. Wasn't on the rod fast enough as it had already popped off when I got to the rod.[:I] Both hooks came back unmolested...oh well. I'm guessing low twenties--never saw the fish. Shaker City at the end of the trip in the Bay and limits of hard shell Dungeness for all on board after a 6 hour soak!

Nice work. What depth were you crabbing in?

West of the pink building a quarter mile at 65 feet.

Weather looks pretty good through to next week. Planning to get out Monday. Do you think southside of Bowen would be a better bet or sticking in Howe Sound?

Heading out tomorrow. Any reports from this weekend?

YEP!!! :D:D.

Don't have to spend the gas to go to Howe Sound! I'm headed out right now!!!

[:p]

How did you do FM?

Here's my cut and paste... from another forum...

Ok...time to make a new thread... for April!

Went out fishing in one of the most productive April areas. LOTS of herring around in the 5" to 6" variety...birds, porpoises and a seal infestation worthy of a Killer Whale Superpod clearcut! I estimate a good 200 plus animals (not double counting). My fishing buddy estimated 400 animals...but I do tend to be a bit of the pessimist....overall I was too busy watching rods to count animals.

I know of a few fish caught today, me whacked 2 EXCELLENT sized fish (read that much bigger than the average April fish--enough to be called liar sized fish---so I'll refrain from posting their size)--I do have a witnesses to their catch---I do have another forum member can vouch for that... each caught in brief aberations of the seal infestation (thank you lord!)...I know of another boat with a good 1, another boat with a teenager on Anchovy behind a Green flasher right off the bottom around Bowen and another radio fish with someone reporting they had found one.

I was fishing spoons behind flashers.

Lots of herring around and it appears April is out the gate with GOOD fishing with EXCELLENT quality if you capitalize on your chances!!!!

Overall, a FANTASTIC day on the water, a nice gentle breeze to keep things cool later in the day. It's going to HURT going to work tomorrow!! Play hooky! Call in sick!!!...it's THAT good!

:D

quote:Originally posted by Dan The Man

Thanks FM for the reports, much appreciated.

YW. Just I just wish more folks would post the results of their trips locally and locations/gear. The Vancouver crowd has become a very secretive bunch--myself included. Share and share alike. If more people share, maybe I'll share more information as well!!!! [}:)] I'm fortunate that I'm "plugged in" to the local fleet.

2 weekends in a row got skunked on fish off the vancouver waterfront(pink aps), crabs though still abundant. This past weekend very very few boats fishing cap area, more out toward bell bouy

We were off the south end of Bowen.

Saw one good fish taken, nothing for us but a small one that shook the hook near the boat.

We tried the upper sound first with nothing and then hit the afternoon tide off south Bowen with nothing. Saw four other boats, two of which that went in when we arrived and fished very close to Bowen on the point.

Hey all I will be heading out to Bowen to fish the waterfall and tunstall tomorrow. I will update on our results. Any one with a last minute tip on bait/lure?

quote:Originally posted by cedarman

Hey all I will be heading out to Bowen to fish the waterfall and tunstall tomorrow. I will update on our results. Any one with a last minute tip on bait/lure?

Last reports I heard from the weekend were that it was quiet at the Waterfall and Tunstall. It may have changed somewhat now that a couple of days have passed. Heard late last week was better there though. You may wish to consider elsewhere. Maybe take a drive by there and see what's doing..if nothing then keep on motorin. If all alone, get in there and make a few passes!!!

Back