Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Tanev, the Nucks best D man is out.

Lucky me, I have free tickets to tonights game. Unlucky me, I haven't been able to GIVE them away.
Well hopefully you went to the game. That was an exciting win. Whole team played very well.

Much better effort overall but the big difference was the goaltender not letting in one or two wobbly ones. They are going to need both of them to be like that every night because they aren't going to fill the net on a regular basis during this injury plague. Also liked Biega's game as his energy seemed to be infectious for the rest of the group. Too bad he can't sustain that level of play for more than a stretch of a few games.

GO NUCKS GO, well looks like my Leafs are reverting back to the days of old. Just an update on my wife's cancer diagnosis, it is terminal, 6 months to maybe 2 years. We are lost at the moment, so lost. I will keep an eye on this thread as i have to take my mind off of the situation that we find ourselves in. Thanks for all the well wishes, live life to the fullest every day, don't take it for granted and when the wife gets under your skin sometimes, in times like this that you would take it 24/7,so cut her a bit of slack. You are all a good bunch no matter who you cheer for.

Mike

That some heavy **** Jackel. Hang in there bud, stay in every moment.

Back to hockey, yeah I went to the game and it was a great experience and a motivated effort up and down the line-up. 9th row, centre ice, club section.

Beers are now 'only' $8.50/ can for domestic!

Looks like the roof fell in tonight and guys like Eriksson and Goldobin aren't doing much at all time to call the AHL team up en masse.

Best wishes to you and your family Mike. Can't even imagine.

As for Canucks, only reason I watched was to see Boeser score or get points and hope he won the Calder...now don't even have that...I'm positive he would of won it too. Tough to watch with the ENTIRE first line out and Tanev, plus Sutter.

Only positive is we will finish in bottom 5 now for sure and have a decent chance at Rasmus Dahlin. Worst case get a guy like Quinton Hughes or Adam Boqvist for dmen. Or Svechnikov who is deadly, but need more D men. If we did get Svechnikov we would certainly have an amazing forward group.

Looks like the roof fell in tonight and guys like Eriksson and Goldobin aren't doing much at all time to call the AHL team up en masse.

Who is left to bring up from Utica that isnt even a very good AHL team, its not like the Canucks have a very deep talent pool? Who's left down there. Megna and Bancks? Not anywhere close to NHL players

Was a nice early season surprise that they competed better than expected, but it looks like they will end up close to where they were expected to be, somewhere in the bottom 5 or 6 teams, and again should have a decent prospect with the first pick. You have to be bad to be good, so probably better they are again bad.

Rasmus Dahlin

A generational talent. The Nucks have never had a bonafide, top ranked Dman prospect... that I can remember anyway.

So If Vanek keeps putting up points will they try and get something for him at the trade deadline? Maybe a 2nd round pick? The guys they got in the 2nd round last year (Lind and Gadjovich) seem like decent prospects. They are still a ways from competing for the playoffs, so need more picks and I don't think any other UFAs will bring any return.

Vanek is a nice addition...but they are truly rebuilding everyone except the new core should be on the block...my thoughts :)

Vanek is a nice addition...but they are truly rebuilding everyone except the new core should be on the block...my thoughts :)

I agree with Derby and California. IF Vanek continues at a similar pace for the next few weeks they should be able to max out on a trade which would likely fetch a second round pick. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a great track record as a playoff rental, but hard to deny his skill level and production to date with the Canucks. Vancouver has some good prospects on the wings but outside of Petterson, don't have much coming down the middle and could use another high pick on a d-man or two as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back