Updating HDS 9 Gen 3 issues

michael_reiber

I was wondering if anyone could provide any assistance with updating the lowrance gen 3 plotters, I should be able to do it over wifi but when I try to connect to my home wifi it shows it with 4 bars (full strength) it's right beside the router, but I can't get it to connect it just says establishing connection for abit then just disappears and doesn't connect, I've tried connecting to the hot spot on my phone with it and it fails as well, I'm not sure if it's a bug with the version I'm running (4.5) or what. Has anyone updated with there computer? I have 2 micro SD slots. One has my chart SD card in it, if I buy another SD and download the newest software onto and plug it on to it then plug it into the open slot on my plotter and boot it up will that work?

Cheers

Michael

Not sure about the wifi method, never tried it.

Get an SD card I believe there is a size min/max they recommend. Mine is an 8GB not that you need anywhere remotely close to that. Make sure it's empty with the exception of the update file.

-Download the file from lowrance and save to your desktop
-unzip file onto your sd card
-put the card in your unit and turn it on
-watch the screen and wait until it is completely done updating.
-power down and remove the sd card

This is how I do it there are plenty of YouTube videos and instructions on the lowrance site.

Enjoy!

Not sure about the wifi method, never tried it.

Get an SD card I believe there is a size min/max they recommend. Mine is an 8GB not that you need anywhere remotely close to that. Make sure it's empty with the exception of the update file.

-Download the file from lowrance and save to your desktop
-unzip file onto your sd card
-put the card in your unit and turn it on
-watch the screen and wait until it is completely done updating.
-power down and remove the sd card

This is how I do it there are plenty of YouTube videos and instructions on the lowrance site.

Enjoy!
Awesome thanks Brando!

Back