Ultimate Fishing Town - Round Two

IronNoggin

So, Port Alberni did manage to come out near the top of the Leader Board in this contest, for Round One. :D

Now, we are into the Finals. Again even at this early stage, it has become apparent we are looking at a two-horse race between Dauphin Manitoba and Port. And again Dauphin is pulling out all the stops to try and wrestle this title away from BC. In fact, they have a slight lead at this point (Hope they ain't cheating... again</u> [B)] )

A Great Many LOUD Thanks to those who helped us carry the day in Round One! Your support is extremely Appreciated!
Now, we are asking you to Please step up to the task again, and help bring this victory home to where it belongs - British Columbia!! [^]

Please vote and vote often - you can do so every 12 hours on this site: http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

If we are Lucky enough to carry the day through your efforts, the funding will be utilized to support a handful of Mom and Pop Enhancement Programs through-out the Valley, and NOT sucked up by any form of government. They, and our local resources could really use the input Folks! I do very much hope you can help!!

Cheers,
Nog

Here was a helpful hint for all who really want to make sure PA wins.

quote:calmsea

Canada
115 Posts
Posted - 08/31/2010 : 12:21:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can vote way more often than every 12 hours if you like. Any valid email address will do. Almost all obvious email address versions with the standard providers such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc have been given somewhere so just punch in for instance schwarzenegger@yahoo.com or chinook@hotmail.com or panderson@live.ca or something and it will let you vote. Too easy guys! You are bad cheaters I see.

Voted again this time with all my adresses - almost 1400 in the lead now!

Last reminder for a spell Gentz.
Wandering back offshore for a few now. Wish our Crew Luck in the Ukee Fish Off! :D

And in the meantime, please keep the votes coming. Methinks in the end, BC WILL RULE! [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog

Looks like they are checking the email addresses that are voting. I got a couple of these emails.

"Thank you for voting for Port Alberni as WFN's Ultimate Fishing Town. If you didn't vote for this town click here to remove your vote. Remember, you can vote every 12-hours.

Promote Your Town: Help promote your town to encourage more votes! You can visit the "Promote Your Entry" section of www.wfn.tv/fishingtown and customize posters, web banners and more.

Become a WFN Ambassador: You obviously love to fish! Become a WFN Ambassador today for FREE and be part of the WFN family. Provide important content to WFN viewers and readers like posts, blogs, pictures, video and more. Get exclusive information, merchandise and more! Click here to apply today.

Yours in Fishing,

WFN: World Fishing Network
A Great Day for Fishing
"

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-...g-vote-prize-for-Dauphin-102654979.html?thx=y

The prize for being named Ultimate Fishing Town just got a little bit richer -- if you're Dauphin, that is.

The Manitoba government announced today that it will match the $25,000 that is up for grabs as grand prize, meaning that Dauphin could receive $50,000 it it gathers more votes than any other town in the online contest.

Dauphin is currently running in second place in the finals of the vote, about 2,500 votes behind Port Alberni, B.C.

In announcing the matching money, Water Stewardship Minister Christine Melnick congratulated Dauphin for being a finalist in the contest, which is run by the World Fishing Network, and she urged all Manitobans to get behind the bid.

"I am proud of this community for using this opportunity to promote Manitoba's great commercial and sports fishery," Melnick said. "This effort is good for the economy, it's good for the fishery and it's good for all of Manitoba."

The winner of the contest will also receive a 30-second television spot promoting the community.

To show its support, the government will immediately match the $25,000, meaning the Intermountain Sport Fish Enhancement Group could receive as much as $50,000 for its work to improve the fishery.

"The community people who have worked to ensure we are neck and neck with Port Alberni for this distinction are already winners and should be rewarded," Melnick said.

The minister also called on all Manitobans to get behind Dauphin's bid. Manitobans can vote at www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/Dauphin. The contest will wrap up in 18 days.

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

quote:Originally posted by River Rat

The Manitoba government announced today that it will match the $25,000 that is up for grabs as grand prize,

Where are ya B.C.??? OH wait........ GORDO [:p]

Whats going on with the winning $$$ Nog. The RCH?

Gotta go vote :D

PA has a slim lead at the moment.
Did everyone forget to vote again?
The $$$$$ could grow a bunch of springs and we know they could sure use some.

GLG

Pardon my curiosity but how does Nestor Falls with according to there 2006 census has a population of 672 jump fron 19,000 votes one day to 26,000 app. the next.[?]:( eman

Some rather interesting developments while I was away playing with a few more fish!

In Manitoba, the provincial government has stepped up to the plate, and offered to match the funds being offered by the WFN in the case that the Manitoba entry (Dauphin) wins. Story here: http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-...g-vote-prize-for-Dauphin-102654979.html?thx=y

Ominous silence from the Provincial Government here in BC (no real surprise I guess), kinda makes one wonder if they are working on a strategy to relieve Port Alberni of the funds in the case that we actually do carry the day! [xx(]

And in OnTerrible, it now appears that the entire Province has gotten behind their dark horse entry of Nestor Falls! Related story here: http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2751835

Despite all of the attention being directed by the opposition, Port Alberni is managing to barely maintain the lead. At this point we need all the votes we can muster Folks, and your input can help with this matter! Please help us carry the day, and bring the title of Ultimate Fishing Town home to BC where is so much belongs! Your consideration and support in this matter is HUGELY</u> Appreciated! :D

Cheers,
Nog

I've sent emails to various staff members at the Vancouver Province, Vancouver Sun, Victoria Times Colonist, BCGlobal TV, and CTV Vancouver. I gave them the links showing how the other provinces are getting the word out via the media....so maybe they can help. Gotta go...gotta send an email to Bro Jake as well!! :D

bug.gif

Looks like the site crashed. Was half way through my lists. Lots of media and communities around B.C. have recieved emails for support now and just as B.C. is jumping on the bandwagon the site crashes! WTH! The emails are coming fast and furious folks. Ontario must have their eyes trained on B.C. and pulled the plug. So the toy run is this weekend in Port...Might be a great time to get lots of...[:p]

Site is backup but it's slow.
PA ahead by 25 votes.
Looks like we will be in second place soon.
If something doesn't change around here.
GLG

A small blurb in the province this morning.

"People like the fishing in Port Alberni so much they’ve made it the leading finalist in the World Fishing Network’s Ultimate Fishing Town competition. As of Tuesday, the Vancouver Island community had garnered 37,021 votes in the online poll conducted by the TV producer until Sept. 28 for a prize of $25,000 that would go to some angler-related benefit. In second place with 35,033 votes was Nestor Falls, Ont., on the shores of the Lake of the Woods."

bug.gif

Back