Ukee Halibut fishing

BigBadBrad

Never fished Ukee before but have a trip planned for the 2nd week of April. Looking forward to exploring a new area!

Do most of you guys travel far offshore for halibut this time of
Year? Set the pick or drift ? I have a smaller 17.5ft Fiberglass so that may be an issue for running out to the banks.

I imagine Chinook fishing will be tough in April

Thanks guys!

You will pick up springs in April if your out at the bank, Columbian river returns for sure, coho killers are best fore these early fish. Troll a hoochie soaked in herring oil at the bottom along the bank, bounce bottom every so often, simple.

In April fish SHOULD be at inside South Bank, about 5 miles due south of Ucluelet. Both Chinook & Halibut Should be deep on the bottom in 180 ft of water as mentioned above and can be taken on the troll. I like a golden bait 142 needlefish hootchie.

Try finding a hump within 5 miles of shore where the water is deeper around it and anchor. Use real meat and enjoy

Thanks fish camp!

Another question for you Ukee Barkley anglers. Typically if it's blowing 15-25kn would I still be able to acess the sound and find some fishable water in my 17.5ft double eagle? Or will the entrance of Ukee be too much and not allow you to cut across?

Thanks

Thanks fish camp!

Another question for you Ukee Barkley anglers. Typically if it's blowing 15-25kn would I still be able to acess the sound and find some fishable water in my 17.5ft double eagle? Or will the entrance of Ukee be too much and not allow you to cut across?

Thanks

most of the time it depends on how the tides are meeting at the entrance.. not so much the wind.

it can be ugly on big tides.... you could always launch from toqart.. super safe!!

Back