Uclulet

royalbull73

Hello everyone. I'am a new user to this forum and was wondering how the fishing has been in Ucluelet lately. I have fished it about the last 4 years and do know most of the banks by name and location. Will be heading out on the 23 of July and staying till the 30th. What depth do you seem to be doing the best at for springs? And what has been the bait/color of choice? Thanks to all. And good luck to you!

Just got back from Ucluelet. Big bank was screamin hot....springs to 40 lbs, tons of coho and halibut. Best depth for springs was 65-90 on 6-7 inch plugs. Smaller gear (hoothcies and spoons) worked well, but lots of smaller springs (8-15 lbs). Don't waste your time with bait as there are too many dogfish on the banks. SW corner and inner Southbank also good. Inside, bigs boys were starting to show at Wya. Lots of coho at any rockpiles, redcan etc.

Good Luck

Just got back from Ucluelet. Big bank was screamin hot....springs to 40 lbs, tons of coho and halibut. Best depth for springs was 65-90 on 6-7 inch plugs. Smaller gear (hoothcies and spoons) worked well, but lots of smaller springs (8-15 lbs). Don't waste your time with bait as there are too many dogfish on the banks. SW corner and inner Southbank also good. Inside, bigs boys were starting to show at Wya. Lots of coho at any rockpiles, redcan etc.

Good Luck

Heading up to Tofino/Uclulet on Sunday for three days. That's the news I was hoping for, sortta already knew that it was gonna be good but you just confirmed!! What plugs were working best for you?? And were all the guide boats from Uccy in the same area as you?? When you say THICK with Coho were they on the surface?? Just wanna cover all the bases and bring the Cutta for some top water spoon/coho action.

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Heading up to Tofino/Uclulet on Sunday for three days. That's the news I was hoping for, sortta already knew that it was gonna be good but you just confirmed!! What plugs were working best for you?? And were all the guide boats from Uccy in the same area as you?? When you say THICK with Coho were they on the surface?? Just wanna cover all the bases and bring the Cutta for some top water spoon/coho action.

Thats Mr. Bags to you

Bags-last time i was out we were pickin the coho right off the surface with 7 foot trout rods and green/silver coyotes. So to answer your question, yes they are on the surface in scattered schools.

Bags-last time i was out we were pickin the coho right off the surface with 7 foot trout rods and green/silver coyotes. So to answer your question, yes they are on the surface in scattered schools.

Back