Two men fined for selling $4,000 of illegal crab to Vancouver market

A total of over 1,200 crabs were released from the traps, which were illegally secured with zip-ties.

What is the illegal part with the zip-ties? I don't ever recall seeing this in the regs and seen it mentioned here in the past where people have used the ties also.

What is the illegal part with the zip-ties? I don't ever recall seeing this in the regs and seen it mentioned here in the past where people have used the ties also.

If the rot cord section of the trap was replaced with zip ties, that would be illegal. Wouldn't think zip ties to hold the door closed would be illegal.

I like how they mention that his parents were part of the resident school thing, they always mention that. So in that ruling natives aren’t allowed to sell there catch other than in a commercial season then someone better tell the tswassen band cause they have lots of traps out there now

So in that ruling natives aren’t allowed to sell there catch other than in a commercial season then someone better tell the tswassen band cause they have lots of traps out there now

The Tsawwassen First Nation Final Agreement which was signed in 2007, is quite comprehensive in regard to Tsawwassen fishing rights - which includes crabbing. Maybe read through the agreement (which is online) before jumping to conclusions.

A total of over 1,200 crabs were released from the traps, which were illegally secured with zip-ties.

A tip of the iceberg of what is really going on out there.. :(

Back