Trophy Tyee reel repairs/parts etc

Birdsnest

I have a couple of Trophy XL tyee reels and one has lost one of the two knobs off the spool. I have the knob but it fell out it did not thread out meaning the threads on the spool are shot/finished.

My question is if a guy can get parts for this reel or is there a repair guy that can re tap the spool and put new knob on?

tyee maine in the comox valley carries the parts. its about $18 for the 2 screws, the post and the paddle. I have sheared 4 knobs off tyee reels in 2 years. I am happy with the reel for half the price of an islander but sheering off knobs constantly is annoying

Thanks joe. Ya the reels are pretty good. This is my first knob loss but simply replacing it with a new one is not an option, the threads are stripped on the spool.

I hate the freespool lever. It is easy to hit by accident and results in nasty birds nest. I think I am going to grind mine right down so that I can only activate it with my fingernails.

if the threads are stripped you will have to get a mcachinist or a tap 1 size bigger to make those handles work again

perfect time to upgrade to islander posts, wolf has a threat on here if you search for it

Agree with no luck. I got the new style trophy handles from Redl and used a dremel to create a countersink for the screw head that goes from inside of the spool and threads into a new handle post. Then handle slides over post.

I switched to the Islander paddles on my Trophy after having the same problem using the instructions on here from Wolf. I was very easy and I can guarantee you that if I can do it, you can do it...I am not handy at all lol.

Back