Trolling motor tie bar ? Help

S

Slickwater

Im looking to buy a trolling motor tie bar to connect my 8hp Yamaha
To my 350 Yamaha. The one I had the clips rotted. I have seen them on other boats. They mount at front of motors. Teleflex makes one but cannot find any one who carry's it. They are in richmond but will only sell to dealers. Im after front mount stainless style that remains attached all the time. I have seastar hydrolic steering.
Thank's Slick

i have what youre talking about. got it at lordco auto parts believe it or not. $75

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Do you mean like this one here???
halibut2007040.jpg

You can get the ends at Trotac for I think 30 bucks?? dont quote me and then they also have SS rod as well and you cut to length.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

The bar with quick connects is what I have.If I build mounting plate like you have it would work better. The bracket it came with seem to move and was scraping paint. I have seen a bracket that mounts to
the seastar system just havent found it yet. I half to get new quick connect or just replace the clips they didnt last the year.
Picked up my new boat last aug and have a few little things to set up.I want it to last so im just trying to getter rigged properly with the little change I have left. Haha.
Thanks for the help.
Slickwater[8D]

All i did was use some old alum. scarp pieces and just made my own brackets very easy to do and there are holes already there just had to measure them up and drill and nows its strong as you know I dont even unhook mine stays attached all the time.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I just re-taped the holes on the two engines to fit the mouting quick connect balls. Simple, fast and easy.

I picked up my steering rod from The Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.

http://www.harbourchandler.com/

It was a SS model and I believe it was $60 out the door.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Wolf, is that an remote steering control that I can see in your picture of your hook up between engines?

Good morning yes it is I can steer from either up front or back there mostly at the back (depends if its raining) LOL
they are both seastar helms that are tied in to the same lines a bit to do ONCE you figure it out. If you want it done I can explain it to you as it takes a bit to explain but I know what you have to do and parts you need to get you dont need the kit as it is really expensive but you can buy parts and make it easily.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

If you want the ultimate tie bar go with the Teleflex Liquid tie bar. Just an inline valve in the hydraulic's. Turn the valve one way only the main turns, flip the valve and both main and kicker turn together. You have to install a cylinder on the kicker. The nice things about this system are...no rattle of the tie bar from kicker vibrations and full travel of the steering in both directions. Not the cheapest method but the best!

Back