Transport service from East coast to Seattle?

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by AndrewH, Jan 6, 2018.

1. AndrewH

AndrewH New Member

Anyone get a boat sent from back east US (Maryland) to Seattle?

Any companies that you could recommend?

2. tains

tains Active Member

I met this company through u ship but here's his contact info. Herb brought my boat from Long Island NY to Bellingham. Awesome service. He mentioned that it was too bad i didn't Google his company as I could have avoided u ship and he would have deducted some of the fee that u ship took from him.

http://www.hdtransportservice.com/

3. littlechucky

littlechucky Member

What size boat and what did it cost you?

(If you don't mind sharing)

4. tains

tains Active Member

24 seasport and if I rememer it was around $3200us.

littlechucky and bigdogeh like this.
  5. harper44

harper44 Active Member

Just used Caj Flynn (Flynn Marine) to move my new 28'er from NJ to Blaine. They were great to work with, delivered on time and at the price agreed upon. Couldn't be happier

6. Damien

Damien Active Member

I paid $2500 cad for an 18' foot boat from NJ to Blaine. Just for reference.

kaelc likes this.
  7. CBsqrd

CBsqrd Active Member

+1 for Caj Flynn. Moved my boat from South Carolina to Blaine a year ago. http://www.shipfm.com/

8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

The cheapest quote I got using uship moving my boat in 2017 was 3000 USD. And remember the cheapest quote isnt necessarily the best quote

9. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Lots of negative comments about uShip on the web. Do your homework...Just saying..

10. Damien

Damien Active Member

I used Uship, it took about a week to get a bid in the range I was hoping.

A few guys were A$$HOLES saying "It'll cost you double", I put a requested bid of $2500 and got some quotes of $5K - $7K etc. Just had to be patient but I almost increased my requested amount based on that early bullying. I was starting to doubt myself and felt that I was offending people.

The difference I found out was that some guys were quoting based on putting the boat/trailer onto a flat deck trailer. Opposed to simply hitching up and towing it.

If you can deal directly with a moving company, it is obviously a better alternative to Uship. But you miss out on a chance that you can get an affordable offer that is below market rate if your job can be piggy backed on a shipment coming this that they need to fill at the last minute. Which was the case for me.

It was a guy bringing a few high end show dogs from NY to Seattle. So he just hitched up my boat in NJ and brought it to Blaine. The $2500 CAD was a steal compared to the other quotes I was getting.

If you can be flexible on your pick up location, note that as you might be able to save some cash. I.E. if you are okay with picking up the boat in Seattle or Portland if its coming from the East Coast etc.

Uship isn't perfect, but it can be effective.

turbomack likes this.