Trailerable fiberglass dream fishing machine

Sculpin

What is your dream boat in a fiberglass trailerable fishing machine? Let's keep the permits out of it and keep it to 8'6" beam. Money is no object.

I love aluminum but I do like and look at fiberglass boats quite a bit. I always cruise the net looking at boats and reading about them etc.

I think I have narrowed it down to 2 for my trailerable dream fiberglass fishing machine.

No.1 would be a Davis Rock Harbour short cabin inboard diesel.

rock_sc_12.jpg

http://www.davisboats.com/models/rock-harbor-25/rock-harbor-25.html

No.2 would be a Blackman 26 outerbanks with a diesel as well.

cover.jpg

http://blackmanboats.com/26 outerbanks/26 outerbanks.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
mine is and always has been a gulfstream 232, just never found the right one for the price I want to pay.
sooner or later I'll have one sorry could'nt stick to your beam though

Attachments

• 232-02.jpg
    232-02.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 275
You could be right Sculpin-I have a 24 Orca with a pod and after 9 fishing seasons on the wcvi If I could do it again I would get a 27 Orca (same cabin size) pod it with 2x 150 Yammi's ( for tuna fishing). Only difference between 27 and 24 is bigger rear dance floor and bigger fish boxes. You wouldn't believe the thickness of some of the structures on that boat-nothing falls off,creaks, breaks or is even cold. We always sleep on the hook for days at a time and it is so well insulated nobody gets cold. I know I own it but wouldn't change-almost got it totally right for once. I'm sure some boats do some things better but overall pretty hard to beat.

I've been lusting after 3 boats - Skagit Orca (27XLC), Osprey (26 or 28 Long Cabin) or Seasport (2600 series), with a podded outboard(s). Love those pilothouse boats!

Those Skagit Orca's are nice boats. Why not the 27 standard with a little extra dance floor?

Cheers
John

Cause then I would have to have bigger yard, bigger truck and bigger wallet.....:p

I agree, but I have been in both and unless I have a fishing party, like SF does;)....there is plenty of room in the 24 for me and the wife. I do like other boats, but for me this is the one....if I had to but a tuperware boat:D

Cheers

SS

Well boys, after looking around quite a bit, I bought myself a 2200 Seasport Sportsman earlier this season. Love it to bits, although we are still in the "honeymoon stage". It has everything I want and isnt a pain in the a$$ to trailer. Ya, you could go another 2-4 feet but really do you ever stop saying that?! In terms of ease of getting it around / versatility, it has my vote!

PS. I'm a biased mofo!

You could be right Sculpin-I have a 24 Orca with a pod and after 9 fishing seasons on the wcvi If I could do it again I would get a 27 Orca (same cabin size) pod it with 2x 150 Yammi's ( for tuna fishing). Only difference between 27 and 24 is bigger rear dance floor and bigger fish boxes. You wouldn't believe the thickness of some of the structures on that boat-nothing falls off,creaks, breaks or is even cold. We always sleep on the hook for days at a time and it is so well insulated nobody gets cold. I know I own it but wouldn't change-almost got it totally right for once. I'm sure some boats do some things better but overall pretty hard to beat.

Hard to not want a little bit more. I have a Seasport 24XL and I love it but there is a small part of me that always wishes for the 26 ft seasport to have the same deck space but a little bigger cabin. I got such a steal on my boat so I can't complain.

parker,,, all the way to the banks, cabin forward, huge tray,saw a few set ups in alaska. WOW me likey

Well I can say I have fished mine hard for 9 years on the wcvi and it has held up. New outboards if you like Honda would make me look at this boat-mainly because nothing goes wrong with the hull. Hard to get one used and cheap-in fact I've never seen a cheap one!!!

I've never been in one but I like the looks of them. Skip up to 5:00 min. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPGfoA1H7Bw

Steigercraft is a very well built boat. They have 3/4" thick solid fiberglass decks! Built very tough. Their recessed trim tabs are very cool:cool:. There new website is way better than the old one. I love the bigger 26 Miami with the 10' beam.

Ok let's throw out the 8'6" crap and get some permits going:D. Remember these are dream boats and money is no object. Just has to be trailerable;).

Well I can say I have fished mine hard for 9 years on the wcvi and it has held up. New outboards if you like Honda would make me look at this boat-mainly because nothing goes wrong with the hull. Hard to get one used and cheap-in fact I've never seen a cheap one!!!

Yours have a head? This one doesn't appear to have one.

Back