Trailer wanted

Redfisher

Just ordered a new aluminum boat (custom build) and I am going to need a new trailer for it. Has anyone recently bought a new trailer that could give me a potential lead?

Boat will be 27' and weigh in at ~7500lbs.

I would also be receptive to a good quality newer used trailer.

Thanks Steve

I just bought a 5200lb roadrunner a few weeks ago. Been looking for a used trailer for a couple years with no success. Roadrunner definitely has a more reasonable price point than other brands, and they were great to deal with.

I wouldn't bother with a used trailer. People always want too much and it's just not worth it.

I was under the impression that Roadrunner only sold through their dealers.
Do they actually sell direct to customer ?

Has anyone here had any experience with a Karavan I Beam aluminum trailer?

Because of the weight of the boat I need something that is solid on the road and i would prefer heavy duty axles and bearings.

The 8600 lb one of these has torsion axles and I wonder if a solid axle might be a better bet as I trailer quite a bit.

I am at the weight spot where a dual axle trailer is at its top end and may need to look at a triple axle.

It might still be a deal once you get a quote up here. Like you said you are on the verge of a triple. My boat is 6300 dry but once you add all that gear and fuel it is more like 8000. We weighed it at a weigh scale once with 1/3 fuel tanks and it was 9600 pounds with the trailer. The Venture is all disk brakes EOH, aluminum wheels and frame. I have towed it over the Coq 4 times and it handles great.

I'd suggest spending a few more bucks and get something better than a roadrunner trailer. Not impressed at all with there build quality, theres a reason they are the cheapest on the market. If you want me to list all the problems ive had in the first 3 months of owning one let me know. You shouldn't have to be replacing parts on a 2-3 month old trailer.

I'd suggest spending a few more bucks and get something better than a roadrunner trailer. Not impressed at all with there build quality, theres a reason they are the cheapest on the market. If you want me to list all the problems ive had in the first 3 months of owning one let me know. You shouldn't have to be replacing parts on a 2-3 month old trailer.
This is what I have been told too. I have 2 smaller ones but with light boats they have been great. However with a heavier boat I want a system with bearings that stay together on the 4 hour tows up island etc

Tuff trailers looked pretty good. There aluminum trailers are being offered at less than there galvanized. 5 year warranty on sealed bearings and 5 year warranty on disk brakes. All hardware is stainless steel, even the u bolts. I was pricing tandems yesterday and I was quoted only $90 bucks more than road runner for the same class trailer. All parts trailers is there distrib

Tuff trailers looked pretty good. There aluminum trailers are being offered at less than there galvanized. 5 year warranty on sealed bearings and 5 year warranty on disk brakes. All hardware is stainless steel, even the u bolts. I was pricing tandems yesterday and I was quoted only $90 bucks more than road runner for the same class trailer. All parts trailers is there distrib
I was looking at them at the Boat Show last year and liked the one I spent some time on. Again worth a look....

I was under the impression that Roadrunner only sold through their dealers.
Do they actually sell direct to customer ?

My trailer snapped in half few weeks ago at the launch ... called Roadrunner needing a 2000lb trailer and he had one ready for me before i got there in the parking
lot ready to go signed papers and off in 15min .. happy with it so far ..

Last edited:
Bought a roadrunner 2450 a month ago pretty basic trailer but also pretty solid with a 3000 lb axel great price. Happy so far

I have a R runner under my Skagit Orca since 2003-it has not been trouble free but when you tow 5 to 6000km a year Sh_T happens. The basic trailer has been bullet proof but here is what I have done and I would order this from the get go. Insure that the spindles have at least stainless speedi--sleeves for the rear seals to ride on, electric over hydraulic disc brakes , Oil bath bearings, Full side guide rails, rear bunks with UHMW in place of carpeting for launching with rollers forward. Tires 10 ply with spare. Good quality electric winch. Mike at R Runner builds a good quality low end trailer but for heavier boats and long distances you need to add things to make it trouble free. I would not hesitate to Order a trailer from Mike but I would customize it which he will do. I would insist my next trailer has to have all these things and only then would I compare prices so you are comparing the same things

^^^ this is good advice. Minor upgrades that will make a trailer that much better and more tolerant to salt water

Back