Trailer Inspection

Tailspin

Has anyone brought a boat trailer through from Washington or Oregon in the past few months? It's been years since my last venture, Heading down on Sunday with a green light from the Finance Manager(Wife). Getting pretty stoked.

I picked up a binder for insurance on the trailer coverage yesterday, and was told by the autoplan agents, that it is no longer a requirment to get an inspection done at Canadian Tire.
Now they assured me, it just has to be Sighted by an insurance agent between the US and home, and a new BC Registration is made out providing you have the title etc...Sounded strange to me, as the standard fee is still paid out to Register of Motor Vehicles upon import~?

www.tailspincharters.com

just did it last week I had to get it inspected from ct but first you have to go to riv.ca to start the process it cost 204.95 and the inspection is free. and the customs guy said that I had to do it through riv

Done it twice now, no sweat. When you come across the border you will need to pay for your registration and transfers along with the $200+ fee for the C. Tire inspection. The purpose of the inspection is to ensure that your trailer meets Canada's DOT regulations. One thing to be careful with is in some US states tandem axle trailers do not require brakes on all wheels, whereas we do. If the trailer you buy doesn't have them, you will need to retrofit them in.

Both trailers I got were far superior to anything I could buy here in Canada for a whole lot less $$

Searun

th_067.jpg

OOPs, forgot to mention that you will need to drop the trailer at the border, go get your insurance for it then pick it up. You cannot buy insurance in the US that transfers up to Canada and if you drive your truck with an uninsured trailer behind you and are involved in a crash you have no insurance on your truck!!!!

Searun

th_067.jpg

Binder will work , but I would still go through Port Angeles. That way if something does occur and you get held up , at least it will be in our own inner harbour instead of having to deal with it in bellingham.

Brakes on both axles[xx(] CTire will still pass it. And ICBC will still insure it even after their own inspection.( only because they will miss it ) Retro fit will run you around $1600.00

Have at er.

last trailer was a breeze HL. This one also Has big disc brakes on all 4's already.... 7000 # Loadrite. Only one saling a day on the Yo Ho, 8am from PA, may make it an overnight in Port Angeles after a night or two shakin up a 5 star in Oregon to keep things civil with he wife.;)

Bags, I'll pick up a multi function Roe Bag tyer for you and Dave at the Quansit Hut on my way through[:p]

www.tailspincharters.com

24 Osprey 285hrs total, 270hp Volvo Duoprop, tops out at 41 mph on the GPS, cruise nice at 30-32. It's Built like a tank before seasport took over in 05 and removed some glass and changed the Bertram style stringer grid system, 1.5" - 2" of hand laid glass from the waterline down. Timing worked out quite well with our strong dollar:D Got some work ahead of me, pretty excited.

IMG_2802.jpg

www.tailspincharters.com

Nice rig Justin your going to love it so will your guests.I thought you would be upgrading soon.

Thanks guys,

I have wanted one of specific build period for some time, saved my pennies for it. Yes the price was great HL, been looking at it for some time now.

Scott, my other boat may sell to my cousin? It's already fully TC certified with stability etc, and ready to guide from. If not it will be for sale when the Osprey is all set up later this month.

www.tailspincharters.com

Very Nice indeed my friend. Can't wait to crush some bud limes on her!

Back