Tofino Report 6/28 to 7/7

naknekm

I just left Tofino after a 10 day trip. I pulled my boat, pickup and camper up there and 2 buddies flew in from Kentucky to fish with me. I kept the boat in the water at Marina West and fished almost every day. The fishing is just great this year! We managed to figure the fishing out, with the help of the people there. Everyone was really helpful, especially Shaun (Tofinoguy), who gave us great advice and tips on where and how to fish. Thanks so much everyone for the help.

Once we got dialed in we really started catching fish. We really had a great time with the Springs and Halibut. We were able to get offshore most days and fished Long Beach and Portland Point, mostly. The Cohos are starting to arrive inside, also.

If anyone is on the fence about going, this is the year! The guides were coming in with tubs of great fish, daily.

I left my boat, camper and pickup there and will be flying back in August for another 10 days. I can't wait! It looks like already great fishing is only going to get better.

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Back