Thunderjet

Just a little of my experience- Went to Washington 2 times to look at alumn boats that looked good in pictures and booked a local surveyor to meet me on both occasions. Pictures sure can LIE! One surveyor said give me $50 for my time and I wont bother with a survey cause it's junk.. second boat was also not worth the trip- long story-short--6 ferry rides (one boat was in the San Juan Islands) gas and time plus carry a briefcase full of cash, time in US customs declaring over 10,000.00 etc. I ended up buying a commercial boat on the Island and repower and remodel gave me a mechanically new boat with twin power for under $50,000.00 - If you get pictures a good rule is what internet daters do- send a picture of the boat with todays newspaper laying on the deck--high school pictures when she was 50 lbs lighter can be a surprise when you see her in person!lol

f you get pictures a good rule is what internet daters do- send a picture of the boat with todays newspaper laying on the deck--high school pictures when she was 50 lbs lighter can be a surprise when you see her in person!lol

Now that right there is funny.

Many many people buy there toy's South of the border. I don't blame them. On the same hand I don't see a whole lot of toy shops up here going out of business. I have actually seen a few on the Island expand. In the down turn no less!!

A little off topic from boats but I bought a screen tent out of the U.S., delivered to my P.O. Box in Sumas Wa. for no shipping charges. Price $119.00 US + $7.00 tax + $5.00 for
the PO Box. Handed the sales slip to the customs on the way back, he looked at the open box with the tent in it and he said "OK, away you go"

The exact same tent here in Canada was $240.00 + tax + shipping, yes I would like to buy in Canada but with a difference like that, it didn't take me very long to decide where I was buying it.

Thanks for the responses, and to the people that PM me to give me some options and advice. Although I was hoping I would get more responses on the boats themselves, and peoples experience on/with them, but it seems the cross border shopping got the lions share of the attention. I brought it up, but didn't expect that it would be as 'interesting" as it is.

I think they are nice looking boats. I would like at other brands In my opinion you can get more boat for the money with other manufactors? Just my opinion

I'm looking at a $50,000 aluminum boat in the US, same boat up here is 63,000. I'm all for keeping money in Canada, but that's a big difference. I also bought my camper in the US and saved the same amount of money. Not sure who is pocketing all the extra money.

the dealership , and there is nothing wrong with finding a deal, who wants to throw money away when they dont have to

I have a 2006 20' Luxor (not the offshore model) with a 140 Suzuki and a 9.9 Suzuki. Bought used out of Idaho. I'm happy with the boat. It does slap when you are riding in 2' chop so having the suspension seats is nice. Lots of room for fishing in the stern. Overall, quite happy with the boat. Bought for $25K in 2011. 140 had 56 hours and 9.9 had 5 hours.

Ok. My opinion I siglers marine are lying thieves. And once they get you committed they add all there charges. They don't care about the customer and there won't be any warranty. Trust me bin there done that. Give John at river city marine or Sherwood marine at pricing a boat. Either will look after you. They are great boats. The rigging river city does is pretty damn sweet. The Canadian models have little upgrades thatake them better suited to the west coast. Remember buying a boat from the us. You will not receive warranty in Canada unless you purchase a warranty card. But I can bet no dealer will touch your boat. And you will be force to take it back to Portland.

This is a comment from a salesman.

Thomas was a salesman that worked for a dealership called “TNT” that sold the same brand, ThunderJet boats. He no longer is a salesman for any dealership or this brand.

AKA jetboats@shaw.net AKA thomasr@t-n-tmarine.com

When you read reviews online it is pretty easy to see which ones are not true. All of the other comments show that Siglers Marine is a great company to deal with.

Do you have anything to add to this now Thomas?

Captain Chris Young

This is a inflammatory comment from a competing ThunderJet salesman.

Thomas was a co-owner for a dealership called “TNT” that sold the ThunderJet brand. He no longer is an owner or salesman for any dealership or this brand.

When you read reviews online it is pretty easy to see which ones are not true. All of the other comments show that Sigler's Marine is a great company to deal with.

Captain Chris Young

Ok. My opinion I siglers marine are lying thieves. And once they get you committed they add all there charges. They don't care about the customer and there won't be any warranty. Trust me bin there done that. Give John at river city marine or Sherwood marine at pricing a boat. Either will look after you. They are great boats. The rigging river city does is pretty damn sweet. The Canadian models have little upgrades thatake them better suited to the west coast. Remember buying a boat from the us. You will not receive warranty in Canada unless you purchase a warranty card. But I can bet no dealer will touch your boat. And you will be force to take it back to Portland.

Holy crap, all the guy was asking about was some opinions on a boat he is excited about. All you critics that beat on him for buying out of country should be ashamed of yourselves! I hope all you "advice" givers make a point of NEVER buying anything made overseas, or buying from a USA chain store ! Not likely I suspect!! When you guys start paying his bills then you got the right to tear him a new as...., until then let him spend his money where he wants. FYI, I bought my used truck from a Dodge dealer in the USA, I shopped the Victoria Dodge dealers first PLUS I even called them from Seattle to price match. Business manager laughed and hung up on me and all I saved was $18,000 CDN. Got my boats down There Too! I will gladly sell my truck and boat to make you happy all Ya gotta go is sent me about $50,000cdn to cover the differential saved and I will buy local everytime.

Nice Troll Capt Chris, look at the dates and try and post something positive in your next post. And who do you represent?
Trolls not welcome here!!

This is a comment from a salesman.

Thomas was a salesman that worked for a dealership called “TNT” that sold the same brand, ThunderJet boats. He no longer is a salesman for any dealership or this brand.

When you read reviews online it is pretty easy to see which ones are not true. All of the other comments show that Siglers Marine is a great company to deal with.

Captain Chris Young

Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. Come on here holier than though attitude when you are hiding behind an internet name. Good catch Frank!

There is a Chris Young who is a salesman for Sigler's Marine in Portland Oregon. Hmmmm...

Sorry guys

I signed "Captain Chris Young".

No negative postings, hiding or trolling here. I was simply pointing out that his opinion was biased. Thomas no longer represents ThunderJet boats. But please feel free to ask him or ThunderJet directly.

Captain Chris Young

And you are not biased either Chris. You work for Siglers.
So Thomas closed his business and works in another line of work now. Big deal, lots of people suffered when the economy took a dump. Get over it.
Not every Siglers customer is a happy one.

That's right Chris I don't have anything to do with thunder jet anymore that's why I can say what I want about them and the dealers that I like and don't. If you have a problem with me use the email you seem to have. But posting here like a 12 year old school girls truly shows the class and method of sales that siglers represents.

I do have a 21' TJ Chinook. Bought in 2011 from River City. Very happy with the boat and the Yamaha 150. Plenty of of-shore time and caught in some very sketchy weather and twice in severe confused sea conditions. I could go on and on about the machine and all the features we like or would change. Bottom line is we are happy and the boat is more "capable" than I am thank goodness.

I looked at Thunder Jet and yes they look solid and lots of elbow room but I shied away from the narrow shallow bow.
I didn,t think enough lift when hitting some of our west coast waves head on. Struck me as a river boat design.
Any comments on the amount of lift that bow would have?

Back