Thompson River Steelhead are effectively done.

Martel........oh, how I long for those days. Caught my last Steelhead on that river in 2007 on New Year's Eve on the Y Run in Spences Bridge when CN still allowed anglers to park on their property. Caught the 20 pound buck on a Gibbs Ironhead spoon on a little spinning outfit after my levelwind birdnested. Went to the pub afterwards. Life was good. Could have stayed overnight too if I wanted. Sad to see those opportunities disappear because government jurisdictions can't sort things out to at least try some different interventions.

That sucks OBD...
:(
Not that it wasn't expected with the policies and inaction of certain branches of governments. They were a beautiful fish...
Bloody criminal...

Please don't blame DFO alone for this, there are many factors involved in this decline. But, the inability of the Provincial and Federal jurisdictions to get organized to get the nets out of the river during the Chum run is a biggie.

That's why I said branches of governments... I blame both equally... My opinion anyways...:(
I'm sure there are other actors but those guys are the ones in charge and control and let this iconic species slip away.

Yup...... very sad... spent a lot of days on that river since the 80's and process ................... :(

Interesting.

Shows what groups actually care about fish.

Where are the green groups that say they care?

Why with all the pressure put on by fishermen groups has nothing happened?

Steelhead in the province have basically disappeared and the fishing groups have fought this and in the end lost, why?

Better figure out why because salmon are next.

Whales and seals will win!

I agree with you OBD. I think it's just a matter of time for the different species of salmon also... if action on all fronts isn't taken.

thinking it time that we think outside the box as we are losing a lot of battle with very few wins...

Back